|Job Type:||Full Time|
Program Managers (PMs) are the in-house advocates for millions of people worldwide who predict and research how software is used and work closely with Software Engineers (SWEs) to ensure our products exceed people's expectations.
To be considered for an internship position, you need to be enrolled full-time as a student majoring in an applicable field.
Currently we are looking for students with ultimate (final-meaning no further degree planned) BA/MA graduation date in 2022, available to take on summer internship* in 2021.
*12 or 24 weeks internships available - please do share your preference in CV upon applying.
Please upload your CV before submitting your application.
Program Managers are focused on improving our technology solutions. You work collaboratively with team mates to ensure our products exceed customer expectations. You communicate throughout the process to understand progress towards delivery, technical challenges, and to provide clarity on customer needs using a data driven approach. You will be expected to demonstrate an ability to learn and adopt relevant new technologies, tools, methods and processes to leverage in your solutions. As a Program Manager, you are dedicated to building software to empower every person and organization on the planet to achieve more.
- Currently pursuing bachelor's or master's degree in engineering, computer science or related field with at least one semester/quarter/term remaining after internship.
- A year or two of experience programming in C++, Java or other computer programming languages preferred.
- Ability to demonstrate understanding of algorithms, data structures and other systems architecture factors that affect code quality, performance and customer experience
- Some experience building software outside of the classroom environment like an internship or related experience for customers strongly preferred
- Demonstrated skill in time management and completing software projects in a cooperative team environment
- Ability to work and build strong relationships with managers, leaders, partners and customers
- Display skills in planning and project management
- Strong communication, inter-personal, and cross group collaboration skills; the ability to build and deliver effective presentations
Microsoft is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to age, ancestry, color, family or medical care leave, gender identity or expression, genetic information, marital status, medical condition, national origin, physical or mental disability, political affiliation, protected veteran status, race, religion, sex (including pregnancy), sexual orientation, or any other characteristic protected by applicable laws, regulations and ordinances. We also consider qualified applicants regardless of criminal histories, consistent with legal requirements. If you need assistance and/or a reasonable accommodation due to a disability during the application or the recruiting process, please send a request via the Accommodation request form.
Benefits/perks listed below may vary depending on the nature of your employment with Microsoft and the country where you work.