|Job Type:||Full Time|
Global Clearing Quantitative Research
Quantitative Research (QR) at J.P. Morgan is an expert quantitative front-office modeling group partnering with traders, marketers, and risk managers across all products and regions, with presence in Beijing, New York, London, Houston, Singapore, Hong Kong, Tokyo, Sydney and Sao Paulo.
J.P. Morgan Global Clearing is looking for a strong quant to join their team in London to develop and maintain sophisticated mathematical models, cutting-edge methodologies and infrastructure to reform the business by introducing analytics, automation and optimization.
AAO Quant Strats role to work closely with the Global Clearing business, technology partners and risk teams, to create advanced analytics for market intelligence and client profitability, improve cross asset risk management, optimize investment strategies/assets and develop sophisticated methodologies for client pricing. A strong technology team will work alongside the quant team.
Roles and responsibilities include the following
Analytics, Risk and Pricing
- Develop advanced analytics using AI/ML/Statistics to provide useful insights to drive business decision making. Areas including portfolio risk, market share, client profitability and capital utilization
- Develop, optimize and analyze investment strategies to enhance cash reinvestment yields
- Develop & enhance models for initial margin calculation across the clearing business
- Develop risk & pricing workflow for the clearing business via automation
- Design optimizers to allocate collateral and inventory under various constraints arising from regulatory, contractual, capital, etc, against expected duration, internal opportunities, etc
- Implement end to end trade flow to automate the optimization process
- Maintain adequate control functionality
- Advanced degree (Masters, PhD) in computer science, engineering, sciences or math
- Strong entrepreneurial and communication skills, ability to reliably drive initiatives and work well in a team.
- Exceptional analytical, quantitative and problem-solving skills
- Mastery of software design and development skills, particularly in Python, possibly including C++ and Q (KDB)
- Strong statistics / machine learning / optimization / regression techniques
- Familiar with advanced mathematics /financial modeling (i.e. numerical analysis, probability theory)
- Financial knowledge of clearing business, exchange traded products and inventory management is a plus.