|Job Type:||Full Time|
VCG covers risk across the whole of the liquidity spectrum and adopts customized approaches accordingly. Cutting edge technology is used to price test the more liquid risk on a daily basis whilst in depth analysis and market expertise are required to cover the less liquid and structured positions. In order to achieve this, VCG needs to work closely with stakeholders across the firm, including Traders, Risk, CFOs and Controllers.
Organized along business lines, clients of the group include Senior Management, Business Heads, Regulators, and both internal and external auditors. The group works closely with Traders, CFOs, Market Risk, and Middle Office to ensure a complete understanding of business issues and the accurate execution of the Firm's Fair Valuation policy.
- Play a key role in Price Testing & Fair Value Adjustments validation for Fixed Income
- Own the relationship between the trading desk and VCG and actively interact with key finance, technology and risk partners throughout the firm
- Lead discussions with Trading and Management during regional and desk-level risk meetings
- Enhance existing control framework including continuously improving independent pricing processes, assessing potential coverage developments, ensuring that the current framework captures the economic reality of the valuation risks and implementing new tools to enhance control efficiency
- Provide advice on valuation issues related to large concentration, revenue on new deals/complex transactions, review non-standard or structured trades and new products
- Partner with Quantitative Research (QR) and Model Review groups to address any model limitations
- Work on key projects for the Finance organization together with the Front Office, QR and Technology
The role requires a good understanding and keen interest in financial markets, combined with strong analytical abilities, clear verbal and written communication skills and willingness to contribute as part of a high performing team. The candidate should have the following core competencies:
- Strong commitment to learn and operate in a fast changing environment by prioritizing effectively to meet objectives
- Attention to detail and strong control mindset - challenge constructively, handle disputes, negotiate with traders while upholding the control framework
- Ability to efficiently deal with and draw conclusions from large amounts of data (excellent Excel skills are required).
- Strong technical capabilities in order to lead infrastructure enhancements
- Project management skills are essential, being able to reach consensus across varying levels of seniority and to drive initiatives to completion effectively
- Superior logic and problem solving through creative thinking
- Flexible to process changes with an eye to increased automation and efficiency
- Powerful presentation skills with the ability to offer insights not just information
- Effective management and communication skills with ability to communicate effectively between groups across different regions and leverage different mediums of communication.
Diversity and Inclusion
Cultural sensitivity and understanding is a must in our business. In J.P. Morgan we are serious about making diversity a central part of our culture and ensuring it is at the core of how we do business as we believe diversity is the key to achieving our business objectives.