Last updated an hour ago
|Job Type:||Full Time|
- Whilst the role is focused primarily on Europe we expect the candidate to also build out a holistic global gas analytical framework that is able to connect effectively with our analytical assets in other trading centres namely in North America.
- The candidate is expected to leverage upon their past in-depth experience of gas balance modelling in combination with current automation and analytical techniques to derive commercially relevant interpretative analysis.
- The candidate must be able to derive and communicate thematic views on Gas S&D as well as relevant price implications in the midst of a fast paced trading environment and on-demand under time constraints. To meet this mode of product delivery the candidate must be willing to work with partners in technology to design robust and automated processes which optimize the analysis-interpretation-trade decision cycle.
- Candidate must be willing to contribute to trade idea generation across gas, power and emissions spaces.
- Demonstrable experience providing analytical support in the context of a trading environment at the Associate or VP level
- Solid grounding in European gas S&D as well as European power stack modelling as applied to Gas balances. Good knowledge of the global LNG/seaborne gas market and how it interacts with Atlantic basin hub gas centres.
- Entrepreneurial mindset and drive to originate trade ideas
- Degree in numerate and analytically focused discipline e.g. engineering, sciences, maths, finance, economics.
- High level of competency in Excel, SQL and a working knowledge of Python coding as well as statistical analysis software.
- Experience working in a regulated and controlled market trading environment desirable.