|Job Type:||Full Time|
You’ll play a key role in helping to manage regulator interactions and support critical projects, facilitating entry into new markets at a cutting-edge, dynamic and high-growth fintech company.
GoCardless processes billions in payments each year. Over 50,000 businesses across Europe and beyond rely on us to handle their payments, and many more sign up every week. As we look to the future, those businesses will be larger, more demanding, and present in multiple countries - and so will we. We are responsible for helping drive forward this expansion, and fulfilling our obligations to our regulators and partners, all whilst providing the best possible experience for our merchants.
We’re approaching ‘Risk’ in Financial Services in a new way.
- We are ready to serve everyone, if we wanted to - we ensure Risk does not constrain the business but empowers it to achieve its goals;
- We automate everything we do - we don’t like inefficiencies nor do we believe that real risk mitigation is achieved by throwing people at the problem; and
- We create the best possible customer experience - we want our customers (both internal and external) to look forward to going through our processes.
The legal and compliance teams are at the forefront of GoCardless’ expansion. We must ensure that GoCardless adopts, implements and maintains forward-thinking and appropriate processes and controls, often coming across new challenges or issues that require innovative solutions.
You’ll support the Regulatory Compliance Team in ensuring that we are complying with all UK payments regulations. Being keen to increase your knowledge of regulators and regulation, you will take a proactive approach - researching significant emerging regulatory developments and analysing their impact on GoCardless. Where required you will advise on those developments, and help update regulatory policies or procedures.
Some of the main elements of the role will involve:
- Providing advice and support on external requirements applicable to GoCardless’ licensed operations, as well as on internal policies.
- Taking an active role in projects to ensure that regulatory issues are considered upfront and throughout the project lifecycle.
- Working with stakeholders to manage the implementation and ongoing tracking of Key Risk Indicators.
- Ensuring new, and changes to existing, regulations are identified, before working with wider teams to ensure these are adopted and embedded fully and in a timely manner.
- Creating, updating and enhancing policies, procedures and processes.
- Coordinating and project-managing input from across the business where required.
- Assisting with the management of our interactions with the FCA and international regulators, including licence applications, notifications and all similar matters.
- Ensuring we complete all regulatory reports on time, every time.
What we're looking for
We’re looking for someone with experience in a regulated financial institution, who is passionate about moving to a fast-paced fintech startup.
We would expect you to be able to drive processes through from design to conclusion. You will be comfortable working independently and without close supervision, whilst also being a great collaborator when attacking complex multi-team projects.
We’d love to hear from you if:
- You like keeping to deadlines, even when you set them yourself.
- You have worked in the world of regulation - within a compliance function, consultancy, or a regulator.
- You’ve got good operational knowledge of implementing new regulatory requirements, from policy drafting to providing advice.
- You enjoy finding and implementing new tools and technologies to drive efficiencies.
- You savour a challenge, don’t get disheartened easily and drive projects through to completion.
- Your communication skills are first class, and you are able to distil complex and cumbersome matters into understandable English.
- You are easy to work with, and want to work in a fun, fast-growing but demanding young company.
Bonus points if:
- You’ve got knowledge of the payments space, the key players and networks.
- You have experienced a fast-growth journey (in a company growing 50%+ YoY).
- You are a project-management pro, handling gantt charts with ease.
We recognise that the most talented people have the most unusual backgrounds, so if you’re unsure, please apply.