|Job Type:||Full Time|
See yourself being part of a large, transformational change? This could be the role for you!
Iress is continuing to hire for roles during Covid-19 with all interviewing and on-boarding done virtually. Everyone new to the team, along with our current staff, will temporarily work from home until it is safe to return to our offices.
Who we are
At Iress, we believe technology should help people perform better every day. Since our beginning in 1993, people across financial services have trusted us to take their performance to the next level. From the world’s most established financial brands to new and disruptive players, we help improve every aspect of our clients’ businesses so that they can work better, every day.
Iress is one of Australia’s largest technology companies and employs more than 1,900 people across Australia, United Kingdom, South Africa, Canada, New Zealand and Asia.
Working within our newly formed Market Making team focused on growing Iress' financial market trading products globally, you will be responsible for providing testing strategy and automation expertise and input in a continuous delivery environment. You will be leading the design, implementation and execution of manual and automated testing solutions, including performance testing as well as taking a primary role in supporting clients and internal projects through acceptance testing. Providing support, mentoring and leadership to other testers will also fall under your remit and you will apply technical testing as a specialist skill set, contributing to the improvement of the cost effectiveness and quality of testing as part of the overall software lifecycle.
What you will be doing
- Taking ownership of the test strategy for all aspects of testing, leading the design and testing phase of a project with accountability for the quality of the deliverable
- Creating and executing test plans in accordance with the testing schedule, including both manual testing and the use of automated testing tools, as well as maintaining testing documentation; strategy documents, test plans, scripts, results and reports
- Engaging in exploratory testing techniques as appropriate to bring about a depth of testing focused on minimising risk, using ingenuity and creative thinking to discover the inadequacies of the solution
- Performing regression testing efficiently and effectively, ensuring defects found are raised within JIRA, analysed and reported back to Developers in accordance with company standards.
What you will need
- You will come from a testing background with significant experience working in a quality assurance testing environment, preferably in the financial services industry.
- Proven experience in building an automated framework would be beneficial
- Experience of setting, monitoring & reporting on QA standards in an Agile and fast paced environment
- Advocate and evangelise for best practices including Acceptance Test Driven Development (ATDD), Behaviour Driven Development (BDD), Continuous Integration (CI) and Continuous Delivery (CD)
- Ability to manage relationships with stakeholders internally and externally will come naturally to you, supported by excellent communication skills.
Why work with us
- Competitive remuneration
- Global opportunities
- Casual dress, flexible work policy
- Access to learning and development programs
- Health Benefits including Private Medical Insurance
- Iress Community
- 3 days’ leave per year for charity initiatives
- Global 36-hour hackathon
- Cycle to Work scheme
- 25 days holiday plus Bank Holidays
- Profit Share Plan
- Up to 26 weeks’ paid parental leave for primary carers (up to 4 weeks for secondary carers), and the ability to work part-time when returning to work.