|Job Type:||Full Time|
See yourself being part of a large, transformational change? This could be the role for you!
Iress is continuing to hire for roles during Covid-19 with all interviewing and on-boarding done virtually. Everyone new to the team, along with our current staff, will temporarily work from home until it is safe to return to our offices.
Who we are
At Iress, we believe technology should help people perform better every day. Since our beginning in 1993, people across financial services have trusted us to take their performance to the next level. From the world’s most established financial brands to new and disruptive players, we help improve every aspect of our clients’ businesses so that they can work better, every day.
Iress is one of Australia’s largest technology companies and employs more than 1,900 people across Australia, United Kingdom, South Africa, Canada, New Zealand and Asia.
Working within the newly formed Market Making team who are focused on growing Iress' financial market trading products globally, you will contribute to the design, development, delivery and support of business solutions. You will be working as part of a talented and motivated cross functional delivery team, where you will develop, maintain and support Iress' services. This role would suit someone who is keen to remain a hands on Developer but also enjoys sharing their knowledge and skill with others, coaching and mentoring more junior members of the team and wider business. Life at Iress is fast paced but provides both a collaborative and supportive environment in which to get the job done. You will need to be able to think on your feet, work under pressure and be confident working in a reactive environment.
What you will be doing
- Getting involved in resolving issues, defects and queries raised at any phase of development is also an important part of the role and you will be confident getting stuck in and working closely with other teams to fix any faults
- Quality is key for us! You will be required to conduct quality reviews of your own deliverables as well as deliverables from your peers to ensure we're creating the best software possible, this will also involve taking an active involvement in unit testing
- Mentoring and coaching more junior members of the team, contributing to upskilling where possible and encouraging learning opportunities for your colleagues
- Our clients are at the heart of what we do and you will be involved in providing client support where necessary to keep them in the loop with what we're doing
What you will need
- Knowledge and experience of developing within an object-oriented development environment, using Agile methodologies
- Experience of developing service-oriented architectures with a solid understanding of good design principles
- Experience of seeing a project through the life cycle of development and into production
- A working knowledge of Cloud technologies, ideally AWS, would be highly beneficial
- Strong communication skills and the ability to work as part of a cross functional delivery team. You will need to be comfortable liaising with both technical and non technical colleagues as well as clients directly
- A background in Financial Services solutions, specifically within Financial Markets or Trading would be highly beneficial
Why work with us
- Competitive remuneration
- Global opportunities
- Casual dress, flexible work policy
- Access to learning and development programs
- Health Benefits including Private Medical Insurance
- Iress Community
- 3 days’ leave per year for charity initiatives
- Global 36-hour hackathon
- Cycle to Work scheme
- 25 days holiday plus Bank Holidays
- Profit Share Plan