|Job Type:||Full Time|
Equity Finance & Delta 1 Quantitative Research
Quantitative Research (QR) at J.P. Morgan is an expert quantitative front-office modeling group partnering with traders, marketers, and risk managers across all products and regions, with presence in Beijing, New York, London, Houston, Singapore, Hong Kong, Tokyo, Sydney and Sao Paulo.
J.P. Morgan Equity Finance & Delta 1 is looking for a strong quant to join their team in London to develop and maintain sophisticated mathematical models, cutting-edge methodologies and infrastructure to improve the pricing & risk of their products.
Work with the Equity Finance & Delta 1 desks, as well as technology and risk teams, to improve systematic book management, and their pricing & risk capability, implementing sophisticated models & analytics. This requires enhancements to existing pricing, risk, prediction, and optimization models as much as the development of new models. A strong technology team will work alongside the quant team.
Roles and responsibilities include the following:
Trading Optimization and Analytics
- Optimization of collateral and inventory under various constraints arising from regulatory, contractual, capital, etc. requirements on one hand and expected duration, internal opportunities, etc. on the other
- Develop mathematical / statistical models for prime desks to enhance business revenue and profitability for stock borrow-loan, cash and synthetic financing books.
- Devise solutions for systematic book management, improving the overall stability of our collateral and its respective uses
- Deliver quantitative analytics to the desks that drive decision making
- Work with content team to distribute interesting findings for market color
- Maintain adequate control functionality
Risk & Pricing
- Develop & enhance pricing models for valuing Delta 1 products
- Improve the risk & pricing workflow for the desk via automation
- Provide day-to-day pricing support for the Delta 1 business
- Advanced degree (Masters, PhD) in math, sciences, engineering or computer science
- Strong entrepreneurial and communication skills, ability to reliably drive initiatives and work well in a team.
- Exceptional analytical, quantitative and problem-solving skills
- Master of advanced mathematics / statistics / machine learning arising in financial modeling (i.e. numerical analysis, probability theory, optimization / regression, machine learning techniques)
- Strong software design and development skills, particularly in Python, possibly including C++ and Q (KDB)
- Financial knowledge of delta 1, equity derivatives and inventory management is a plus.