|Job Type:||Full Time|
Telegraph Media Group is looking for an Information Security Engineer, preferably with a minimum of 1 years experience in Technology to join a small Security team providing ongoing monitoring and management of the security estate and assisting in the delivery of new security projects and technologies.
The role requires both technical hands-on expertise. an understanding of security policies, compliance and standards and an aptitude for research and investigation. The role is likely to suit a current SOC analyst wishing to progress to the next level, or a University graduate with some hands-on, industry experience.
Key responsibilities will include:
- Daily administration, configuration and alert triage of Security tools.
- Analysis of security alarms generated from 3rd party SIEM/MDR service.
- Assisting with the implementation and delivery of new security projects.
- Responding and recording the results of security incidents.
- Responding to end-user requests.
- Supplier assessments and reviews.
- Promoting the TMG Infosec team through internal communication, presentations and seminars etc.
- End-user awareness advice and training.
- Managing TMG 3rd-party penetration testing programmes with an opportunity to perform penetration tests internally.
- Security policy assessments and auditing.
- Experience in triage and analysis of security alarms.
- Administration experience of technology tools.
- An understanding of networking, IP addressing and Industry Security standards.
- A methodical and logical approach to resolving queries.
- A keen aptitude for learning and innovation.
- Hands-on experience working with protective security technologies.
- Experience in vulnerability scanning technologies and the interpretation of results.
- Experience in identifying and responding to security incidents.
- The Telegraph supports flexible and home working, per your line manager’s agreement.
- A range of excellent benefits (including on-site gym, massages, and more).
- In-role development and access to formal development.
- Annual training plan linked to key objectives and Industry certifications.
The Telegraph’s goal is to foster a diverse and inclusive workplace and we are committed to building a team that reflects a wide variety of skills, perspectives and backgrounds.
We are an equal opportunities employer, hiring solely on merit and business need. We encourage applications regardless of sex, gender identity, ethnicity, age, sexual orientation, gender reassignment, religion or belief, marital status, pregnancy, parenthood and disability. If you require reasonable adjustments in any recruitment process with us, please make us aware.