|Job Type:||Full Time|
The EMEA M&A Legal Practice Group is looking for a M&A/corporate lawyer to join a small team of lawyers in London supporting the EMEA M&A business.The role will entail interaction with M&A, Industry and Country Coverage investment bankers, as well as Client Executives, on transactions where J.P. Morgan in EMEA acts in an M&A advisory role for external clients.
- providing general counsel and support to the business across a wide range of issues and at various levels of seniority
- reviewing, advising on and negotiating M&A advisory related documentation, including engagement letters and confidentiality agreements, and advising on conflicts management
- attending business review committees and valuation/fairness opinion committees as representative of the M&A Legal team and reviewing valuation and fairness opinions
- co-ordination as needed with other CIB Legal teams, such as Equity/Debt Capital Markets, and with external counsel as and when required
The role requires an articulate, responsive and commercially minded self-starter who is capable of working confidently and effectively at all levels of an organization.
- Candidates should have a practical working knowledge of the UK Takeover Code and UKLA Listing Rules/sponsor requirements applicable in an M&A context
- Domestic and cross border deal execution experience accumulated at a Magic or Silver Circle firm
- In house M&A/Corporate experience at a bulge bracket investment bank would be an advantage, but is not essential
- Ability to work under pressure and to tight deadlines