|Job Type:||Full Time|
JPMorgan Private Bank (Wealth Management) offers high-net-worth individuals tailored, integrated solutions to the complex personal and business needs that wealth creates over time and across generations. It is a personalised, 360-degree approach, cultivating a careful understanding of each client's unique goals, circumstances, and appetite for risk, and examining all elements of the wealth picture together in order to understand how one decision affects another.
Wealth Management (WM) has business booked across EMEA however primarily in Belgium, Germany, Italy, Spain, France, UK and Luxembourg.
The opportunity is to join the Wealth Management EMEA ex Switzerland Controllers team. Controllers are responsible for the integrity (completeness and accuracy) of the financial statements, regulatory financial reporting and management financial reporting associated with their line of business.
- Oversight and responsibility for the integrity (accuracy and completeness) of the WM financials both in line with US GAAP and provision of local GAAP (e.g. IFRS) for EMEA excluding Switzerland locations;
- Providing LOB information for US regulatory reporting;
- Providing LOB information for ICAAP and ILAAP preparations;
- Assisting project team with new initiatives and NBIAs;
- Working with internal and external audit;
- Assessing effectiveness of controls;
- Supporting the Global and EMEA LE Recovery and Resolution team with input for WM EMEA.
- Detailed analysis and variance commentary on monthly P&L and Balance Sheet that is used for reporting to Senior Management.
The role requires an enquiring mind, perseverance and the ability to handle a large amount of data. The candidate needs a strong controls background and the ability to communicate confidently with people at all levels in the organisation and problem solve.
- Qualified / nearly qualified accountant;
- Analytical aptitude – ability to understand financials and challenge;
- Ability to identify and solve problems independently;
- Ability to work under pressure and to tight deadlines while juggling multiple priorities;
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Proactive attitude – ability to take initiative.