Finance Business Partner Licenses, Royalties and Grants
An exciting opportunity has arisen for a Finance Business Partner to join the fast-paced and dynamic team, to establish and own the Financial process around abcam’s growing licensing, royalties and grants activities
The successful candidate will be responsible ensuring that new (and existing) agreements (with both customers and suppliers) are understood from a financial point of view, will establish process and correct accounting procedures, and coordinate activities across multiple functions (including Business Development, Procurement, AR & AP)
- Process owner and main point of contact for Financial activities and accounting for the following areas
- Licensing-in and associated royalties – where we license in products and technologies from suppliers
- Licensing-out and associated royalties – where we license out products and technologies to customers
- Grants – from national bodies and funding organisations (e.g. NIH)
- Lead and coordinate activities across different functions to ensure that existing and new Licensing & Grant agreements are fully understood and that the financial process is in place and connected end to end
- Creation and maintenance of process, controls and policies to ensure correct Financial adherence and efficient operations for licenses, royalties and grants
- Deliver business performance management, business decision support, and margin analysis for licensing activities– such as (but not limited to) monthly variance analysis of Licensing costs
Requirements and Skills:
Comfortable operating in the detail, but also with the ability to understand the big picture, you will analyse and report in a concise agile manner to suit the audience as appropriate.
Confident and organised to lead projects and workflow in a structured way.
The workload is diverse and time pressured, so you will be a “right first time” type of person, comfortable working in a fast-paced environment with multiple priorities whilst always delivering on time and to a high standard.
Constantly striving for improvement, you will challenge the status quo and look for innovative and creative ways to solve problems and improve processes.
Qualified Accountant (ACA/CIMA/ACCA)
Advanced MS Excel experience is required.