Last updated 4 days ago
|Location:||Remote - UK/EU only|
|Job Type:||Full Time|
Data Domain Architect
About the role:
The Data Domain role partners with corporate functions of Customer Experience, New Product Development, Supply Chain, Manufacturing, HR, Finance and Procurement. In a truly global business with plans to double in size over the next 5 years, this requires you to be agile, audacious, and dedicated to ensuring we’ve the right Oracle Cloud architecture and capability in our teams to help our customers achieve their research missions, faster.
We are looking for a Data Architect to set the vision for the organisation’s use of data, through data design, to meet business needs.
For this role, you should know how to analyze system requirements and implement migration methods for existing data. Hands-on experience with SQL and Oracle is also required. Ideally, you are familiar with predictive analysis and data visualization techniques using relevant tools (e.g. Tableau)
Ultimately, you will develop database solutions to ensure company information is stored effectively and securely.
- Develop database solutions to store and retrieve company information
- Install and configure information systems to ensure functionality
- Analyze structural requirements for new software and applications
- Migrate data from legacy systems to new solutions
- Design conceptual and logical data models and flowcharts
- Improve system performance by conducting tests, troubleshooting and integrating new elements
- Optimize new and current database systems
- Define security and backup procedures
- Coordinate with the Data & Advanced Analytics team to identify future needs and requirements
Key Performance Indicators and Deliverables:
- Responsible to line manager for:
- Continually seeking to improve current services and capabilities
- Works extensively with partners and Oracle to develop product data strategies for the betterment of Abcam
- Develops and updates the core data model for all master data
- Advisory for data governance
- Works with business architecture to build a holistic picture of the Abcam enterprise environment
- Collaborates and manages expectations with Abcam team on Oracle and other systems
About you - Competencies, Skills, Knowledge:
- Proven work experience as a Data Architect
- In-depth understanding of database structure principles
- Experience gathering and analyzing system requirements
- Knowledge of data mining and segmentation techniques
- Expertise in SQL and Oracle
- Proficiency in MS Excel
- Familiarity with data visualization tools (e.g. Tableau)
- Proven analytical skills
- Problem-solving attitude
- BSc in Computer Science, Computer Engineering or relevant field
- Ever since 1998, when our founder, Jonathan Milner, started selling antibodies from the back of his bike, Abcam has aimed to help scientific researchers make breakthroughs faster. We now have offices and labs in the UK, the US, China and Japan, and as we continue to grow, we remain ambitious, driven by our customers’ success and their research needs.
- It’s our goal to provide a world-standard in protein research tools, technical support and delivery. When you join Abcam, you’ll join a global business with the passion and the vision to become the most influential company, and, best-loved brand in life sciences.
- Our culture is our key differentiator. We believe in empowering individuals, with responsibility given at an early stage. The working environment is fun and fast-paced, collaborative and outcome focused, with a strong customer focus. In addition to competitive salaries, we offer an attractive and flexible benefits package (which includes shares for eligible