Digital Learning Instructional Designer / Script Writer
12-month Fixed Term Contract
Location: Home based (must live within the SGN footprint)
Salary: £42.7k - £44.1k (dependant on skills & qualifications)
We are pleased to offer this opportunity to join our eLearning team as a Digital Learning Instructional Designer / Script Writer, on a 12-month fixed term contract. This role is predominately responsible for the design, development and publishing of engaging digital learning scripts, as required by SGN departments. You would also produce scripts and training designs to create online learning solutions.
Other responsibilities include:
- Converting existing technical content
- Working with subject matter experts, both internally and externally, to create scripts and learning solutions
- Reviewing and editing text, visual and interactive content in existing course modules
- Building test questions that check knowledge and understanding
- Questionnaire design
- Providing support and guidance to other team members during module development
Fostering a diverse and inclusive culture and embracing differences is something we pride ourselves on. You will be empowered to be yourself and work with people from different backgrounds and points of view to achieve positive results.
As well as plenty of genuine learning and development opportunities, this position offers a competitive starting salary with company benefits including retail & leisure discounts, HolidayPlus & Cycle2work schemes, gym & mobile discounts, a pension scheme, and more.
WHAT YOU’LL BRING
We’re looking for someone with experience of digital and e-learning development (online, eLearning, Video production) as well as the ability to create visually appealing material using good structure and content design.
We’re also looking for;
- A bachelor's degree in education, instructional design, or any related subject
- Knowledge of Articulate 360 and functionality
- Skills in various computer applications such as PowerPoint and Word
- Excellent written communication skills, exceptional accuracy and attention to detail
- Experience of end to end instructional design
- Ability to undertake training needs analysis and manage stakeholders’ expectations
- Experience of blended learning development (able to storyboard, design and develop training)
- Ability to influence subject matter experts towards quality designs
- Ability to perform duties with minimal direction, a self-starter and proactive
Not a perfect skills match? Tell us what you’re interested in – you might have a skill we didn’t realise we needed!
WHO WE ARE
We’re on a journey to transform the future of gas and we think outside the box – futuristic technologies and robotics are leading our innovation. Keeping our customers safe and warm is what we do but beyond that, we want to make the world a better place, which is why we’re passionate about helping in our communities, reducing our carbon footprint and driving innovation in our industry.
At SGN, we strive to sustain our world through managing the network that distributes natural and green gas across the south of England and Scotland. We have an important responsibility to keep the gas flowing to 5.9 million homes and businesses. Your work directly impacts SGNs commitments to keeping our customers’ homes and businesses safe.
We’re quick to deliver and we may not always wait until the job advert expires before reviewing applications. We recommend you submit your application as soon as possible so we can continue the conversation…