|Job Type:||Full Time|
We are looking for an Operational Supervisor to join our team in Norwich
As an Operational Supervisor you will ensure a safe, punctual, reliable and cost effective delivery of services by managing the flow of drivers and vehicles out of depot, along route and back into depot, within the operational excellence framework.
You will identify and resolve day to day operational issues, including with schedules, allocations, vehicle performance and driver queries. Providing updates you will escalate key issues or concerns to the line manager.
You will also engage front line colleagues though effective communication, active listening and recognition.
Key Accountabilities include
- Forward planning on-the-day service requirements through to end-of-day and future days, including covering on the day absence
- Support driver queries in a timely manner and oversee driver reporting
- Ensure accurate capture and recording of drivers' hours, duties and attendance in the DAS GUI system
- Maintain accurate records for all aspects of operational standards and performance
- Ensure drivers are allocated the correct vehicle and leave the depot on time
- Deal with telephone queries and support the satisfactory resolution of customer queries
- Live input of lost/additional mileage when dealing with unexpected events (e.g. breakdowns)
- Work alongside depot operational and engineering team members, fostering excellent working relationships to effectively manage all aspects of on time performance, including vehicle allocation, breakdowns and changeovers
In order to be considered for this role you must have a PSV licence
What can we offer you?
- 4 weeks holiday (plus Public Holidays)
- company pension
- free bus travel for you and your family
- £6 all-day train travel on GWR, SWR and other First train companies
- High Street discounts
What do we do?
One of the UK's largest bus operators, our team of 17,000 Journey Makers helps 1.6 million customers every single day to get to where they want to go. Together we provide helpful and reliable services on our buses, keep thousands of vehicles on the road and make sure everything runs smoothly.
Interested? Click on apply and complete an application form!