|Job Type:||Full Time|
Microsoft Cloud Infrastructure and Operations is the team behind the cloud responsible for delivering over 200 Microsoft web portals, Live and Online Services around the world including infrastructure, security and compliance, operations, globalization, and manageability. Our focus is on smart growth, high efficiency, and delivering a trusted experience to customers and partners worldwide. We are looking for a passionate, high energy individual to help build the network that powers the world’s largest online services.
Within CO+I, the Datacenter Engineering (DCE) team is responsible for delivering core datacenter infrastructure for Microsoft’s cloud business. The MS portfolio consists of complex, multi-disciplinary, large scale, multi-year datacenter construction and lease projects. This team is responsible for delivering engineered solutions that align CO+I service level agreements (SLAs).
Specific Job Task:
The Datacenter Environmental / Construction Permitting Specialist will lead permitting efforts for land due diligence and construction. This role will require regular engagement with key Microsoft stakeholders, authorities having jurisdiction and regulatory agencies including the European Environment Agency (EEA) and the European Commission, as well as outside consultants and contractors who specialize in datacenter builds.
The Permitting Specialist will report project status regularly and drive continuous improvement in process and procedure.
The successful candidate will provide:
- Effective management of multiple projects on a global scale and be part of the core team that's launching the Microsoft cloud infrastructure worldwide
- Lead efforts for all permitting activities required for project turnover to operation including engagement with authorities having jurisdiction
- Coordinate with internal stakeholders including, but not limited to Legal, Land Development Office, Construction, and Datacenter Engineering
- Provide technical direction to our consultants such as professional civil engineers, architects, geotechnical engineers and similar
- Bachelor’s Degree in Engineering
- Chartered or Professional Engineer/Architect
- Ability to lead teams of engineers in advanced engineering and operational processes and procedures as they relate to large datacenter environments
- Minimum of 10 years’ experience with extensive working knowledge of land acquisition, planning, permitting and development especially with large scale critical infrastructure projects
- Minimum of 10 years’ experience in due diligence for greenfield, brownfield, retrofit and expansion of large-scale facilities including and not limited to geotechnical report analysis, topographic and boundary survey review, Code/Covenant/Restriction and coordination with authorities having jurisdiction and utility capacity constraint review
- Minimum of 10 years’ experience in air modelling associated with large combustion plant and demonstrate a clear understanding of environmental permitting regulations across the EMEA region
- Ability to perform complex business case analysis to justify technical decisions
- Experience in navigating in CAD, Revit, Sketchup, Bluebeam and/or BIM software for review and development of conceptual level master plans
- Strong written and verbal communication skills, attention to detail and maintain high quality standards
- Excellent knowledge of building codes and regulations
Microsoft is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to age, ancestry, color, family or medical care leave, gender identity or expression, genetic information, marital status, medical condition, national origin, physical or mental disability, political affiliation, protected veteran status, race, religion, sex (including pregnancy), sexual orientation, or any other characteristic protected by applicable laws, regulations and ordinances. We also consider qualified applicants regardless of criminal histories, consistent with legal requirements. If you need assistance and/or a reasonable accommodation due to a disability during the application or the recruiting process, please send a request via the Accommodation request form.
Benefits/perks listed below may vary depending on the nature of your employment with Microsoft and the country where you work.