|Job Type:||Full Time|
Global Index Research Group
J.P. Morgan’s Global Index Research is a central hub for fixed income indices within the Corporate and Investment bank, and is part of the Global Research organization. The group is a leading provider of indices across fixed income with a market leading presence in Emerging Market (EM) and Developed Market (DM) Indices, accounting for over 95% of the market with over $700 billion in assets tracking the various EM index products. The Global Index Research analysts are viewed as thought leaders in the indexing lifecycle (from idea generation to launch) and liaise with clients in all stages of their investment cycle.
Overall, the index group is responsible for creating, managing and marketing J.P. Morgan proprietary indices and commercialization of research data for beta-access products (ETFs, structured products etc.). The group is also involved in collaborative research efforts with other J.P. Morgan research groups in producing thematic publications and marketing efforts around the underlying asset class (Emerging Markets, Global treasury markets, Corporates etc.). Our clients are some of the world’s largest asset managers, insurance and pension firms as well as sovereign wealth funds. The team has presence globally in New York, London and Mumbai.
Description of the role
The J.P. Morgan’s Global Index Research Group is expanding and seeking additional index strategists, researchers, sales professionals, product experts, and index analysts across various levels (from Analyst to Director). We are looking for candidates interested in being part of our exciting new growth phase.
We are looking for a senior analyst with experience in Environmental, Social and Governance (ESG) factor research, portfolio construction, index solutions or related areas to join the Global Index Research team. The primary responsibility will be to help build the J.P. Morgan ESG Index platform, help our clients navigate around ESG investing and be an advocate for marketing the index platform internally and externally.
You would need to be a self-starter and self-motivated as this is a new initiative within the index business. You would need to establish the framework on how best to accumulate ESG expertise for our index products, write research publications, and most importantly turn your experience into tangible index products. You will be part of a well-established, expanding, high profile business with various opportunities to cultivate expertise in fixed income asset class, develop your own client base, publish research, and establish a brand as a leading index analyst in the market.
This is a front-office research role that requires the individual to demonstrate a range of skills from relationship management and effective communication, to analytical problem solving and teamwork. We are a dynamic, diverse team of professionals with a fantastic entrepreneurial culture. The role requires foresight to anticipate client needs, meticulous time management, and development of new research ideas. This role involves a firm understanding of the ESG landscape, fixed income index dynamics and analytics, as well as good relationship management skills with various internal teams. Experience with ESG portfolio construction or fixed income strategy type roles is a plus.
- Developing and marketing, feasibility studies and scenario analysis to test the viability of new ESG index products;
- The candidate would work with both internal and external clients to educate them on structural and tactical changes in the index products and the associated implications for the relevant markets resulting from these changes;
- Core part of this role is ensuring all products are efficient and aligned with the technical framework;
- Relationship management is key with internal stakeholders and market participant.
- Minimum education and requirements: Bachelor's degree or equivalent in Economics, Finance, Mathematics, or related field;
- Experience in ESG factor research, portfolio construction, index solutions or related areas;
- Experience in the Indexing space (benchmarks or strategy) is preferred. Quantitative or technology related work experience in financial services is a plus.
- In depth understanding of ESG and related topics
- Fixed income concepts and bond math
- Tracking and understanding impact of market activity – new issuance, price volatility
- Strong communication skills (both written and verbal)
- Idea generation and writing index research publications
- Understanding of data science techniques, analytical skills and familiarity with building and maintaining financial models