LNER is the rail company that stepped in and took over the East Coast mainline after Virgin Trains East Coast. We began our journey on Sunday 24 June 2018 and we have ambitious plans to change the face of train travel. We want to create a service everybody loves, that our people are proud to work for and helps the communities that we’re part of, to flourish.
We kept our promise to maintain a seamless transition between old and new. While doing that, we launched the future of rail travel, with our new Azuma train. It’s already a great success, introducing more seats, more space and above all, punctuality.
Whether you’re nipping to your auntie’s for cake and a cuppa, braving a meeting with the boss or treating the kids to a day of candy floss and sandy toes. We’re with you. Making it happen. Connecting towns and cities, people and places with pride.
Everything we do at LNER is geared towards delivering great experiences for our passengers, our colleagues and our communities.
Together, we’re driving innovation and transforming rail travel. By being on time, having more trains and more seats, to the huge leaps in engineering like our stunning Azuma train.
People, places and moving forward are top of our list. We embrace the communities that we operate in, welcome change and are determined to constantly improve everyone’s travel experience across the nation. Not only that, our team is proud to be part of LNER and because of this, they deliver a great service. A service better than anyone else because they care a little bit more.
That’s what makes us LNER.
Brief description of main tasks/activities
An opportunity has arisen within the Finance Business Partnering Team based in York for a Finance Business Partner. The role will report to the Lead Finance Business partner.
The role will seek to maximise profit by seeking value for money commercial opportunities via effective relationships to support Finance and non-finance Managers for the benefit of the LNER business.
The role is highly customer focussed offering an excellent service that is built upon effective behavioural competencies underpinned by a strong technical ability.
What do we need you to have?
- Essential post requirements include must be CCAB qualified
- The ability and willingness to demonstrate strong analytical and influencing skills with the belief, insight and gravitas to continually question business performance at all levels but particularly at a senior level within the LNER business is essential.
- Commercial acumen and strategic awareness with a past history of strong commercial experience is also imperative to deliver a customer focus and an excellent finance experience by anticipating and responding articulately to customer needs.
- Working smarter by delivering more, for less, better, is fundamental as is the use of tact, diplomacy and empathy with an expert voice of reason.
- Desirable post requirements include experience in business modelling and an appreciation of LNER systems.
Brief description of working environment
The position will be based at East Coast House, York and will require some travel to satisfy customer needs.
Details of shift, extra duty, allowances (if applicable), hours of work
37 hours per week
Flexibility is required to deliver required outputs / satisfy customer needs.
Are you ready for your next move? Do you want to help LNER provide best in class financial support to the business? If so, it's time tp update your CV and click 'apply'!
We look forward to reading over your CV.
What We Offer
We’re very picky about who works for LNER. So when you wear the LNER uniform, you have to be at the top of your game. Our customers expect the very best service and we expect you to deliver it.
In return, you’ll receive a competitive salary. Oh, and throw in a benefits package traditionally described as ‘generous’.
- Free travel on LNER trains for you and your dependants
- 75% off other Train operating companies (again for you and your dependants)
- Discounted international travel after one years service
- 50% discount for friend and family
- Generous pension scheme
Along with various schemes and offers
What happens next?
We promise we’ll let you know as soon as we can the outcome of your application and/or any testing you do.
If you are successful, you’ll be invited along to an interview or to take part in one of our assessment centres. These can include interview, group exercise, role play, or more tests (we have lots of industry standard tests that help us keep everyone safe!). During these sessions, we’ll get to know more about you and you can also make sure we are right for you – it’s a two-way process!