|Job Type:||Full Time|
As a member of our Software Engineering Group we look first and foremost for people who are passionate around solving business problems through innovation & engineering practices. You will be required to apply your depth of knowledge and expertise to all aspects of the software development lifecycle, as well as partner continuously with your many stakeholders on a daily basis to stay focused on common goals. We embrace a culture of experimentation and constantly strive for improvement and learning. You’ll work in a collaborative, trusting, thought-provoking environment—one that encourages diversity of thought and creative solutions that are in the best interests of our customers globally.
The Atlas Technology team within the Banking Technology group of the Corporate & Investment Bank (CIB) is receiving significant multi-year investment from the Nostro Account Management business, and hence is looking for a passionate Application Development Manager in order to lead the re-engineering and extensive functional enhancement of the existing platform. In return, the candidate will get excellent management & stakeholder exposure, and gain experience of working within one of the most mature Agile teams within Banking Technology, all while working with a modern technology stack.
This role requires a wide variety of strengths and capabilities, including:
- A desire to work on a mature Agile project, with a focus on applying Lean techniques to maximize time spent delivering benefit.
- Experience of leading and mentoring with respect to all aspects of the software development lifecycle, including but not limited to: refinement of requirements, estimation & planning, platform design & implementation, test & deployment automation, and platform resiliency & support.
- Excellent communication skills, with the ability to tailor communications for different audiences, ranging from senior business to junior technology staff.
- A practical & pragmatic approach to working on technical re-engineering, while continuing to deliver business benefit in parallel.
- Attention to detail and a strive for the highest quality, especially with respect to UI/UX design.
- Experience of working collaboratively within a globally diverse team.
Technical expertise includes:
- A passion for understanding the business domain, and translating this into clean data model containing high quality data.
- A demonstrated knowledge of and interested in the application of existing design patterns and architectural best practices for delivering data centric applications, including both data ingestion & processing as well as end user data maintenance capabilities.
- A balanced approach to build vs re-use of technology in order to deliver the required outcomes.
- Experience of Continuous Integration / Continuous Delivery technologies and best practices.