|Job Type:||Full Time|
The Bulk Product Manager will have responsibility for all Bulk Products within Air Liquide’s portfolio. The role requires a high level of interaction with both Sales Managers and Sales Teams in order to ensure that all new sales are made in line with the Product Strategy and Product Pricing Policy; this will include but not be limited to attending initial scoping meetings and input into the resultant P&L. In addition, the Product Manager will be required to support the Sales Team with customer meetings in times of crisis and / or challenge.
The Product Manager will be required to manage the Commercial relationships with ALUK’s Product Sources and Competitors (the latter in relation to both buying from and selling to), plus manage and develop the network of AD (Anaerobic Digestion) CO2 Sources. The aforementioned will be in relation to the initial Commercial agreement through to Contract signature, after which responsibility for the day to day operational management will transfer into the Supply Chain team. A strong relationship with the Supply Chain team is essential.
How you'll make an impact:
- Product pricing policy & monitoring: Working closely with the Market Unit Director to develop, support, analyse and validate the Product pricing strategy, and analyse Product pricing deviations.
- Product profitability: Monitoring Product line profitability and proposing actions to reach objectives by maintaining clear capacity and demand plans by Product.
- Product industrialization and Innovation / Contribution to offer deployment: Using the strategy by Product in order to contribute to offers Development & Deployment, working closely with the Offer Deployment team.
- Completing in-depth analysis of the Profit & Loss (P&L) by Product and contributing within the Month End process.
- Support Product improvements and provide innovative solutions towards arising issues.
- Product Intelligence: Responsibility for building and maintaining competitive and market intelligence at individual Product level.
- The ability to both build excellent working relationships across Commercial and Operational teams (both internal and external) and to work with other Product Managers around our Cluster countries to feedback on production capacity analysis and best practises.
We'd love to hear from you if you have:
Essential knowledge and know-how specific to the role:
- Commercial strategy development, including market mapping, pricing and Product plans.
- Knowledge and experience of a P&L, including completing strategic analysis.
- The ability to build and grow strong relationships across an organisation and with external customers.
- Excellent interpersonal, influencing, communication and organisational skills.
Desirable experience and know-how specific to the role:
- Product management experience, ideally within the industrial sector.
- Exposure to Technical Engineering / Supply Chain Management / Operations / Logistics.
Location: Coleshill, West Midlands, UK
Salary: £40,000 - £50,000 per annum - Company car allowance, generous pension & annual leave, perks at work, dedicated talent development team to help your career progress, private medical, mental health wellbeing ambassador support
Closing Date: 28 August 2020
Why work for us?
The world leader in gases, technologies and services for Industry and Health, Air Liquide is present in 80 countries with approximately 66,000 employees and serves more than 3,6 million customers and patients.
Oxygen, nitrogen and hydrogen are essential small molecules for life, matter and energy. They embody Air Liquide’s scientific territory and have been at the core of the company’s activities since its creation in 1902. Air Liquide’s ambition is to lead its industry, deliver long-term performance and contribute to sustainability.
As a business operating in sectors all around the world, we believe diversity brings benefits to our customers, our company and our employees. We are committed to being an inclusive employer and encourage applications from all suitably qualified applicants irrespective of background, circumstances, age, disability, gender identity, ethnicity, religion or belief and sexual orientation.
“ Gender diversity is a source of value and competitive advantage, along with other forms of diversity like nationality, age, educational background. Such diversity makes us a stronger and more successful company. ”
Benoît Potier, Chairman and CEO of Air Liquide