|Job Type:||Full Time|
Department NameRoute Services
About Network Rail
We at Network Rail are dedicated to becoming one of Britain's best employers and believe this starts with placing the candidate at the heart of everything we do!
Our ambition to be responsive to passengers and freight users, drives us every day and we're empowered to do the right thing for those who use the rail network. We actively challenge unsafe practices and take responsibility for addressing risks, resolving issues and protecting safety and wellbeing.
We're passionate about great service and we ask ourselves, what can we do to put our passengers and freight users at the centre of everything we do? With this in mind, we pull together as one industry because we care about people and teamwork is key. For more information about Network Rail click here.
To undertake the processing and grading of use railway materials, loading and unloading of rail wagons, using hand and power tools.
About the role (External)
Duties and Responsibilities
1. Establish and maintain appropriate safety arrangements for staff under your control including Contractors.
2. Carry out work safely and in accordance with the safe systems of work procedures, method statements or other instructions.
3. Undertake work and associated duties for which you are trained and competent.
4. Undertake and direct work activities in a safe and efficient manner and in accordance with all relevant standards.
5. Check that vehicles, plant, tools, equipment and materials under your control are fit for use and are used/stored and disposed of correctly.
6. Contribute to your own development and that of others.
7. Adhere to company policies and procedures.
Experience, Skills, Knowledge, Competency and Qualifications
- Able to work as part of a team.
- Able to communicate effectively verbally and in writing.
- Hold and retain competence and licenses to operate a loading shovel.
- Hold and retain competence and licenses to operate a material loading/excavator.
- Hold and retain any other competency and/or license relevant to this post and required by business need.
- Able and willing to drive other vehicles as required by business need.
- Experienced in fork and grab attachments.
How to apply (External)
Closing date: 12-Aug-2020. Late applications will not be accepted.
Click 'apply now' to apply.
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity. We do not discriminate based on race, religion, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, or disability status. Click here for more information
Want to find out about what benefits we offer? click here
All offers of employment are conditional upon satisfactory completion of pre-employment checks. Click here for more information