|Job Type:||Full Time|
See yourself being part of a large, transformational change? This could be the role for you!
Iress is continuing to hire for roles during Covid-19 with all interviewing and on-boarding done virtually. Everyone new to the team, along with our current staff, will temporarily work from home until it is safe to return to our offices.
Who we are
At Iress, we believe technology should help people perform better every day. Since our beginning in 1993, people across financial services have trusted us to take their performance to the next level. From the world’s most established financial brands to new and disruptive players, we help improve every aspect of our clients’ businesses so that they can work better, every day.
Iress is one of Australia’s largest technology companies and employs more than 1,900 people across Australia, United Kingdom, South Africa, Canada, New Zealand and Asia.
As a Privacy Analyst, you will work closely with a variety of teams across our global business, supporting and guiding them through certain business changes, new processes or the onboarding of a new supplier which could impact or affect personal data. You'll be working hand in hand with both our Legal and InfoSec teams to ensure records and processes are maintained to protect data integrity within Iress.
What you will be doing
- Coordinating regular reviews of the global Information Asset Register (IAR), and providing guidance and support to the business in completing this, as well as monitoring any changes to the register and challenging where appropriate
- Maintaining records of processing, global Authorised Processor Lists and other documents on the privacy area of the website
- Working with the business to complete privacy impact assessments, maintaining a repository for these assessments and responsibility for ensuring all mitigating actions are completed
- Creating and delivering appropriate training on privacy related processes - e.g. DPIA, breach reporting, IAR completion to teams across the business
- Assisting your colleagues with responding to privacy related questions in client assurance questionnaires and RFP’s, walking them through the process and clearly answering any questions they may have
What you will need
- Ideally, you will have a legal background with a sound understanding of data protection laws, guidance and practice, with appreciation that this is an evolving area and willingness to stay up to date on the latest changes in legislation
- Comfortable working independently and effectively managing workload, you will be pro-active and take a commercial approach to providing practical solutions
- You will be someone who is naturally eager to learn and will need to be willing to develop a sound understanding of Iress' solutions, services, operations and infrastructure
- Strong communication skills, both written and verbal, are key to the success of this role. You will be confident building relationships with a variety of stakeholders across the business, acting as the primary support and SME for all things privacy and personal data related.
- A team ethos is essential and you will be just as happy working as part of a small team as independently.
Why work with us
- Competitive remuneration
- Global opportunities
- Casual dress, flexible work policy
- Access to learning and development programs
- Health Benefits including Private Medical Insurance
- Iress Community
- 3 days’ leave per year for charity initiatives
- Global 36-hour hackathon
- Cycle to Work scheme
- 25 days holiday plus Bank Holidays
- Profit Share Plan
- Up to 26 weeks’ paid parental leave for primary carers (up to 4 weeks for secondary carers), and the ability to work part-time when returning to work.