|Job Type:||Full Time|
Who we are
Digital Markets Sales is the area within CIB Digital Markets which owns the digital distribution transformation agenda for the global sales organization across asset classes. The focus is on delivery of technology solutions to improve, digitize and automatize sales workflows and surface client and market intelligence in order to drive revenue growth for the organization.
The Digital Markets Product Manager for FICC Sales will partner with the global sales organization to understand their end-to-end workflows, identify opportunities for digitization, and define solutions which may span both technology deliveries and process re-engineering. He/she will work closely with Engineering and UX to design and plan the delivery and drive the solutions through the software development lifecycle (SDLC.)
The position requires significant interactions with sales in a trading floor environment. The CIB sales user base is roughly 1,000 staff globally.
What is the role?
The Digital Markets Product Manager for FICC Sales will partner with the global sales organization to understand their end-to-end workflows, identify opportunities for digitization, and define solutions which may span both technology deliveries and process re-engineering. He/she will work closely with Engineering and UX to design and plan the delivery and drive the solutions through the software development lifecycle (SDLC.) Key responsibilities will be:
- Drive forward product strategy; the candidate will need to articulate strategy into presentations, and assist senior technology management in promoting the organization’s strategy with the sales business;
- Promote digital solutions with global sales and drive measurable adoption;
- Become a liaison between the sales business and multiple technology teams responsible for delivery to Sales management;
- Represent technology in front of Sales staff; help Sales navigate through different technology units as needed;
- Represent business in front of technology teams; articulate business use cases on behalf of Sales staff, navigate through legal, compliance, data usage, business management as needed;
- Collaborate across the Digital Markets Sales Product team to identify opportunities for shared solutions across asset classes;
- Product-manage toolsets for FICC throughout SDLC; collect user requirements, work closely with UX (user experience) on design, provide guidance to development team, and drive user adoption;
- Produce requirements documents that translate business requirements into functional specifications for technology teams;
- Manage the priorities, deliverables, and Sales buy-in and adoption including leading stakeholder management and communication efforts;
- Become the in-person point of contact to Sales staff locally to the trading floors in London;
- Execute the digital roadmap for FICC sales globally. Partner with Sales and Technology to prioritize deliverables;
- Document existing workflows, analyze existing capabilities and identify priority gaps and opportunities;
- Prioritize needs and investments based upon sales and relationship insight, competitive positioning and industry research.
This is a fascinating time in our industry - we are committed to and embrace innovation and execution. We are looking for very talented people to join our organization. You will:
- Work on complex business problems at the intersection of Sales and Trading;
- Develop products that will change the way our clients operate and engage with us;
- Influence decisions on market strategy, platform strategy, client engagement and implementing innovative technology based solutions for Sales;
- Interact with other high-performing teams within the firm to inspire innovation and champion change.
We are looking for an outstanding Sales product manager with experience leading and building digital products from conception to delivery.
- Experience in Fixed Income Sales & Trading organization as a product manager, technology manager/strategist, or someone with experience delivering in this organization;
- Experience within at least one line-of-business in Fixed Income (Rates, FX, Commodities, etc.)
- Background in electronic product development that would include client facing e-trading and/or e-content delivery;
- Understanding of Sales workflows from pre-trade, to trade, to post-trade and tools/applications that Sales leverage during the daily workflow (including vendor platforms and solutions)
- Understanding of current and emerging market structure that impacts an asset class as a result of regulatory, structural or technology forces within the industry;
- Ability to drive priority, budget, roadmap and an implementation plan for a roadmap that was pre-agreed with the business stakeholders;
- Experience in organizing, conducting and analyzing client/sales needs. You will bridge the technical and business organizations and ensure we are building the right products with a combination of market/user/competitor research and metrics;
- Execution oriented mindset and will be accountable for delivering on front-office programs. Accountable for results, interaction with business heads and leaders within technology to partner and deliver successfully;
- Commercial mindset with excellent communication skills. Ability to synthesize information and present it back in a thoughtful and coherent way