|Job Type:||Full Time|
Are you passionate about the technology needed to drive a multi-billion dollar business? Do you love building innovative & highly-scalable distributed AI platforms and solutions? Is revolutionizing the travel experience using AI/ML challenging and attractive to you?
Data & AI platform team is seeking a highly driven, hardworking and talented Software Development Engineer II to build machine learning platforms and AI solutions that support the entire Expedia Group. We’re on the leading edge combining the advances in machine learning and cloud infrastructure to deliver AI capabilities at cloud scale. We focus on AI for travel data intelligence R&D, build a high-performance AI platform, and deliver high impact AI solutions. We work very closely together with our brands/BUs across Expedia Group.
What You’ll Do:
- Designing, developing and maintaining core platform features, services and engines.
- Partnering with data scientists and other engineers to help invent, implement, and connect sophisticated algorithms to our cloud-based engines and drive cutting-edge research into product realization
- Solve complex business problems by utilizing disciplined development methodology, producing scalable, flexible, efficient and supportable solutions using appropriate technologies.
- Working with other engineers and research teams to investigate design approaches, and evaluate technical feasibility
- Developing new technology prototypes to help with future exploration
Who You Are:
- 3+ years of relevant, professional experience in a fast-paced, high-transactional engineering environment
- Bachelors degree in Computer Science or related technical field is required
- Solid engineering and coding skills with the ability to write high-performance production quality code.
- Experience in Java, C++, Python, Scala or other equivalent languages
- Experience with Object-Oriented design, data structures, algorithm design, problem-solving and complexity analysis. Academic and/or industry experience with advanced AI and ML techniques preferred
- Experience in defining system architectures and exploring technical feasibility trade-offs preferred
- Experience in developing cloud software services and an understanding of design for scalability, performance, and reliability (K8s, YARN) preferred. Experience with Spark, Hive & Flink is a plus.
- Experience in building and driving the production of innovative end-to-end Machine Learning platforms will be a plus.
Why Join Us:
Expedia Group recognizes our success is dependent on the success of our people. We are the world's travel platform, made up of the most knowledgeable, passionate, and creative people in our business. Our brands recognize the power of travel to break down barriers and make people's lives better – that responsibility inspires us to be the place where exceptional people want to do their best work, and to provide them the tools to do so.
Whether you're applying to work in engineering or customer support, marketing or lodging supply, at Expedia Group we act as one team, working towards a common goal; to bring the world within reach. We relentlessly strive for better, but not at the cost of the customer. We act with humility and optimism, respecting ideas big and small. We value diversity and voices of all volumes. We are a global organization but keep our feet on the ground, so we can act fast and stay simple. Our teams also have the chance to give back on a local level and make a difference through our corporate social responsibility program, Expedia Cares.
If you have a hunger to make a difference with one of the most loved consumer brands in the world and to work in the dynamic travel industry, this is the job for you.
Our family of travel brands includes: Brand Expedia®, Hotels.com®, Expedia® Partner Solutions, Egencia®, trivago®, HomeAway®, VRBO®, Orbitz®, Travelocity®, Wotif®, lastminute.com.au®, ebookers®, CheapTickets®, Hotwire®, Classic Vacations®, Expedia® Media Solutions, CarRentals.com™, Expedia Local Expert®, Expedia® CruiseShipCenters®, SilverRail Technologies, Inc., ALICE and Traveldoo®.
Expedia is committed to creating an inclusive work environment with a diverse workforce. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, religion, gender, sexual orientation, national origin, disability or age.