|Job Type:||Full Time|
Expedia Group Product Analytics is looking for a hardworking analyst to be part of a new team passionate about measuring and improving our customers' experience across our portfolio of brands.
The work will primarily focus on building intelligent models and data flows that facilitate the optimisation of our users’ experience and allow us to understand our brands’ performance through a customer centric lens. You will be technically strong, possess an excellent eye for business and strong communication skills.
The role will involve balancing multiple tasks simultaneously, own and be accountable for the end to end delivery of projects, prioritise effectively, and thrive in an entrepreneurial environment. You should be self-motivated, proactive, and a keen learner. Communicating your plans, findings and the business implications to your teammates and to business partners clearly and concisely is key.
What you'll do:
- Understand business challenges and formalise them into appropriate analytics and modelling requirements
- Gather and manipulate large volume of data, build datasets, select and engineer model features
- Develop, assess, and iteratively improve predictive models using sophisticated modelling and statistical methods. Be able to debug and correct data assumptions through testing
- Collaborate with business partners, program management, and engineering teams to ensure that solutions meet business needs and have functional feasibility and robustness
- Communicate in a clear and concise manner to your peers and business partners
- Develop a good understanding of the industry, our data landscape and how advanced analytics techniques can help optimise the work of our business partners
- Fulfil ad-hoc requests for data and analysis
Who you are:
- BSc or MSc in a quantitative field like data science, computer science, statistics, applied mathematics/physics
- 2+ years in an analytics role with hands-on experience with machine learn models, a demonstrated ability to extract and combine data from multiple sources, and converting raw data into impactful insights
- Experience with Python, R or Scala; good programming practice, ability to write readable, fast code
- Facility with SQL-like query language to do data extraction, transformation and loading
- Ability to understand a business problem, identify key challenges, formalise the problem from a data and modelling perspective, and prototype solutions
- High intellectual curiosity and willingness to tackle complex/technical problems to generate meaningful business insights
- Strong verbal and visual communication skills
Why join us:
Expedia Group recognizes our success is dependent on the success of our people. We are the world's travel platform, made up of the most knowledgeable, passionate, and creative people in our business. Our brands recognize the power of travel to break down barriers and make people's lives better – that responsibility inspires us to be the place where exceptional people want to do their best work, and to provide them the tools to do so.
Whether you're applying to work in engineering or customer support, marketing or lodging supply, at Expedia Group we act as one team, working towards a common goal; to bring the world within reach. We relentlessly strive for better, but not at the cost of the customer. We act with humility and optimism, respecting ideas big and small. We value diversity and voices of all volumes. We are a global organization but keep our feet on the ground so we can act fast and stay simple. Our teams also have the chance to give back on a local level and make a difference through our corporate social responsibility program, Expedia Cares.
If you have a hunger to make a difference with one of the most loved consumer brands in the world and to work in the dynamic travel industry, this is the job for you.
Our family of travel brands includes: Brand Expedia®, Hotels.com®, Expedia® Partner Solutions, Egencia®, trivago®, HomeAway®, Orbitz®, Travelocity®, Wotif®, lastminute.com.au®, ebookers®, CheapTickets®, Hotwire®, Classic Vacations®, Expedia® Media Solutions, CarRentals.com™, Expedia Local Expert®, Expedia® CruiseShipCenters®, SilverRail Technologies, Inc., ALICE and Traveldoo®.
Expedia is committed to creating an inclusive work environment with a diverse workforce. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, religion, gender, sexual orientation, national origin, disability or age.