|Job Type:||Part Time|
Location: Remote (home-based)
Hours: 25 hours per week; Monday to Friday 1.00pm to 6.00pm
Contract: 12 months with the possibility of extension or becoming permanent
GoCardless is on a mission to take the pain out of getting paid, so our customers can focus on what they do best. With the world shifting to a Subscription Economy, GoCardless is powering recurring payments across the globe via our world-first payments network. We’ve cut out the intermediaries by linking together direct debit schemes from around the world to create a simple way of pulling payments directly from customers’ bank accounts.
We process more than $15bn a year, for over 50,000 businesses in more than 30 countries, and we’re growing fast. Our API powers recurring payments for companies like Survey Monkey, Bulb and the Financial Times. It also enables partners including Xero, Quickbooks and Sage to help small businesses to save countless hours spent chasing customers for payments.
You will be primarily providing phone support; handling calls from customers using GoCardless. You will be utilising our in-house systems to handle incoming calls and tickets, and help ensure that you can deliver the best customer experience possible.
The ideal candidate
- Previous experience working in a contact centre (providing phone support) is highly desirable
- Previous experience working in a startup is highly desirable
- Previous experience working with a complex and technical product highly desirable
- Previous experience working remotely is highly desirable
- Proven ability to handle high volume of calls and consistently meet targets
- You love helping people & enjoy working in a truly fast paced culture and thrive in small teams
- You are organised, reliable, diligent and attentive to detail
- You learn quickly and are comfortable with complexity
- You are able to work independently and under minimal supervision
- You have a flawless command of English and communicate with clarity
The remote shift(s) require you to have:
- A stable and noise free working environment conducive for serving our customers
- A stable WiFi connection as well as a backup
- The ability to work without any interruption to the service we provide
GoCardless embraces diversity and is proud to be an equal opportunity employer. We are committed to building a team that represents a variety of backgrounds, perspectives, and skills. The more inclusive we are, the better our work will be.
We offer a varied package of flexible working and benefit policies. From flexible working hours and working from home arrangements, through to enhanced parental leave, pension packages and equity. GoCardless has a very family and work life balance orientated environment. Our team comes from a variety of backgrounds and we embrace diversity – if you’re unsure, please apply.
In response to the COVID-19 pandemic, everyone at GoCardless has shifted to remote working since mid-March and will continue to work remotely until the end of the year. We are committed to support all employees during this time and continue to monitor the situation closely. Some of the actions we’ve taken to support the wellbeing of our employees as we transitioned to and continue working in a remote set-up are: subsidised home office equipment, remote workstation assessments, and remote wellbeing and social activities to stay in touch.