|Job Type:||Full Time|
Responsible for production of the periodic financial accounts (including Statutory Accounts and the day to day management of the treasury function, financial accounting and the Accounts payable function.
- Management of the Treasury function including enhancing existing processes for cash flow and working capital forecasting to improve accuracy of forecasts and to maximise receivable.
- Day to day management of the accounts Payable function to ensure supplier are paid on time. Working closely with team members to ensure successful achievement of objectives and to enhance the team's overall capabilities.
- Managing the Financial accountant ensuring task are met to deadline, review of work and enhance development expertise.
- Periodic review of trial balance and key balance sheet accounts before the closing down of period end.
- Preparation of the balance sheet and cashflow for period end.
- Ensure the Financial ratio model is updated to with the Financial control on periodic bases. This will include scenario and sensitivity analysis.
- Periodic review of GRNI, Creditors and Debtors accounts with Financial controller.
- Ensure compliance with Tax Regulation including corporation tax, VAT and other taxes.
- Update Annual leave accrual.
- Provide BS stock analysis.
- Recommend to management any updates to accounting policies.
Budget & Forecast
- Balance sheet and cashflow preparation of the 3-year Business Plan, annual budgets and regular forecasts during the year. This also includes quarterly forecast for submission to the DFT.
- Preparation of key balance sheet accounts (including deferred/accrued income, season ticket etc)
- Preparation of Statutory Accounts for approval by First MTR South Western Trains Ltd Board and external auditors. Ensure that accounts are prepared in accordance with Companies Acts and Financial Reporting Standards.
- Production of the periodic financial statements including the Balance Sheet, Cash and commentary and a suite of financial reports for submission to the Department for Transport and the SWR board pack.
- Responsible for Hyperion's upload for period end results, forecasts and budget and the Hyperion submission to First Group Rail division.
Other responsibilities (to include, but not limited to).
- Ensuring departments policies are documented and in place. Annual review and update of departments procedures and forms.
- Review existing processes to enable accurate accounting for new products and reporting.
- Process improvement and system development
- Improve period end reporting
- Set up process for new products.
- Impact assessment of new Lennon
- Evolving the Financial ratio model, to improve flexibly for scenario and sensitivity analysis.
- Work with other managers in the business to provide Finance expertise and assist them to achieve the Group's overall strategy.
- Other Reconciliations
- Raising and posting journals
- Working closely with internal stakeholders
- Supplemental reports and ad-hoc analysis requests.
- Any other Ad Hoc duties as requested by Senior Management.
- Qualified Accountant ACA or ACCA or equivalent.
- Sound financial accounting experience and people management experience.
- A self-starter with finance experience
- Excellent inter-personal and communication skills.
- Confident in Excel and Word. Knowledge in SAP, SAP Business Objects and Hyperion an advantage.
Office hours, Monday – Friday