|Job Type:||Full Time|
J.P. Morgan is a Top 2 Global Custodian, with $27 trillion of Assets under Custody providing safekeeping and asset servicing solutions to Asset Managers, Asser Owners, Insurance Companies, Banks and Alternative Funds in 98 markets.
The Global Custody Product Management function is global, with regional management across the Americas, EMEA, and APAC. The successful candidate will join the Americas or EMEA Global Custody Product Management Team, which is responsible for the end to end ownership of business delivery, product strategy, P&L, and governance of the Custody business.
The role is a critical business function focussing on the end to end ownership, product definition and our ability to deliver a first class service to the world’s most important clients.
This role is the Market Event & Product Change lead who will be responsible for the market level product offering of global custody’s 98 markets
- Direct ownership of a group or region of markets
- Partnership across the team for global market coverage
They will be responsible for the market level product strategy, risk management and commercials with the likelihood of some people management responsibilities
This product role requires close partnership with network management and our oversight of market driven change.
Key responsibilities include:
(i) Market product definitions & strategy
- Own the GC product offering per market across GC products including product strategy, risk vs reward and competitive benchmarking
- Partner with product teams, network, operations, legal to drive improvements to the product – e.g. supporting new asset types, improving cut offs etc.
- Ownership of product documentation at a market level (e.g. Custody Service directory wording)
- Work closely with functional partners to close product gaps and progress product readiness in various markets
(ii) Country crisis & market event management:
- Leadership of custody product country events & crisis management
- Drive decision making across impacted functions (ops, network, legal, compliance etc.)
- Collaborate with NCC, Client Service and Middle office to define and deliver client communications including newsflashes and client FAQs
- Partner with risk teams to drive, enhance and monitor country risks per market
- Proactively identify and remediate exposures
(iii) Operating model, market access and market advocacy
- Drive improvements to account structures per market, market account opening requirements to optimise client experience and risk management in partnership with CAS and network teams
- Drive improvements to market practice with industry bodies and internal teams and lead components of securities services advocacy strategy
(iv) Commercials, agent bank cost and unit costing
- Own product network agent saves agenda and fee negotiation process to drive SVA improvements in partnership with network
- Ensure agent bank costs are understood / updated into unit costing and recouped from clients on a portfolio basis
- Deep understanding or knowledge of the industry, ideally gained from either within operations, network, product management, product development or the relationship / client service organisation
- Ability to demonstrate inclusion of risk and control parameters in daily activities
- Logical, commercially minded and able to think strategically
- Ability to leverage a large matrix run organisation to implement change
- Strong presentation skills, excellent attention to detail
- Strong communication, influencing and relationship building skills, ability to partner effectively
- Experience working across multiple business areas and/or functions to deliver results
- Strong problem solving skills, good critical thinking and decision-making skills based upon fact and business/industry knowledge
- Ability to work independently and multitask in a fast paced environment