|Location:||Remote - UK/EU only|
|Job Type:||Full Time|
Microsoft envisions a world where passionate innovators come to collaborate, envisioning what can be and taking their careers places they simply couldn’t anywhere else. This is a world of more possibility, more innovation, more openness, and sky’s-the-limit thinking – a cloud-enabled world.
Our mission is to empower every person and every organization on the planet to achieve more. We have a unique capability to harmonize the needs of both individuals and organizations. We care deeply about taking our ideals and vision global and making a difference in lives and organizations in all corners of the planet.
Do you always strive to learn? Are you insatiably curious and do you lean into uncertainty, take risks, and learn quickly from your mistakes? Do you share and build on other’s ideas, because we are better together? Do you stand in awe of what humans dare to achieve, and are you motivated every day to empower others to do more and achieve more through our technology and innovation? Are you ready to join the team that is at the leading edge of Innovation at Microsoft? Then come to Microsoft - Together we make a difference.
To learn more about Microsoft’s mission, please visit: https://careers.microsoft.com/mission-culture
The Security Sales Director is a senior sales leader and is part of the Leadership Team of the Microsoft Solutions organization. The Security Sales Director, develops and drives solution opportunity revenue and market share by leveraging the Microsoft Security solutions to meet our customers needs.
Microsoft continues to invest over $1B per year in cyber security and research, to provide its customers with the solutions to confidently move to the cloud and modernize their platforms by delivering the security solutions, expertise and services needed to keep their data safe.
Primary accountabilities for this role include:
Responsibilities:Lead the UK Enterprise Security business driving day to day business management striving for operational excellenceDrive the strategy for new business opportunity creation and engagements, leading with business value led executive engagementsBuild a strong and active business network locally and globally with Microsoft stakeholders, partners and customersLead and coach the organization on Cybersecurity projects through business outcome selling & expanding customer BDM connectionsEngage with Engineering colleagues and influence future roadmap aligned to customer requirementsA strong voice in the Chief Security Officer Community through social networks, events and working with key influencers
Partner Engagement:Bring together Microsoft solutions with Partner solutions, to deliver value to our customersEngage local and global partners proactively to accelerate delivery to our customers
Customer centricity:Build credibility as a domain ‘thought-leader’ representing Microsoft in all engagementsBuild and transform new markets and identify and lead transformational shifts in our customersLead from the front, personally engaging at CxO level to support and coach teams on opportunity discovery and accelerationDrive cross-team collaboration in Microsoft, to bring the best that Microsoft has to offer to all our customers
- Develops a high-performing team by hiring diverse talent, prioritizing development, leading by example and by preparing people for more senior positions in other parts of the organization.
Experiences Required: Education, Key Experiences, Skills and Knowledge:
- 8-10 years of experience developing high-performing Security strategies including leading sales teams and a proven track record of exceeding team quotas/targets at large Software and Cloud Services companies.
- record of exceeding team quotas/targets at Microsoft or competitor
- Management. Successful management of large-scale, complex deal cycles at Fortune 1000 accounts.
- Coaching and demonstrating leadership across the team
- Strong relationship-building and negotiation skills.
- Excellent Communicator. Executive level communication skills (both written and verbal), and the ability to mentor others.
- Technical Knowledge. Possess both business acumen expertise and technology knowledge to connect how customer business issues impact their IT environments.
- Strong knowledge of the Enterprise Security space, with ability to discuss industry trends and security topics outside of Microsoft technologies.
- Demonstrated experience and expertise selling to senior business leaders, specifically CISO, by aligning & reinforcing the value of cybersecurity solution to the customer’s overall business pain and/or strategic opportunities and decision criteria.
- Certification in sales, sales management, complex sales training, sales methodologies, broad evangelism through events (presentation skills), and consultative selling preferred
Microsoft is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to age, ancestry, color, family or medical care leave, gender identity or expression, genetic information, marital status, medical condition, national origin, physical or mental disability, political affiliation, protected veteran status, race, religion, sex (including pregnancy), sexual orientation, or any other characteristic protected by applicable laws, regulations and ordinances. If you need assistance and/or a reasonable accommodation due to a disability during the application or the recruiting process, please send a request to email@example.com.
Microsoft is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to age, ancestry, color, family or medical care leave, gender identity or expression, genetic information, marital status, medical condition, national origin, physical or mental disability, political affiliation, protected veteran status, race, religion, sex (including pregnancy), sexual orientation, or any other characteristic protected by applicable laws, regulations and ordinances.
Benefits/perks listed below may vary depending on the nature of your employment with Microsoft and the country where you work.