|Job Type:||Full Time|
The position is within the UK Regulatory Reporting team within Finance. The group is a service-orientated business comprised of specialised individuals with knowledge and expertise in understanding, managing and delivering financial information to our regulators. The group is also dedicated to adding value and improving efficiency, quality and controls.
The regulatory finance department is a high profile function, providing financial information to the Prudential Regulation Authority (“PRA”), Financial Conduct Authority (“FCA”), Bank of England, the Office of National Statistics as well as producing financial information for submission to the German regulator. The reporting team within Regulatory Finance is split into two areas: the Capital Reporting team and the Financial Reporting team.
UK Reg Data, Strategy and Portfolio
The Regulatory function within the UK EMEA space is changing rapidly to accommodate both internal and external drivers of change: for example through greater business engagement, legal entity strategy and implementation of regulatory/methodology change.
The UK Reg Data, Strategy and Portfolio team is responsible for leading the UK Reg alignment to strategic data sources, calculation engines and reporting tools, as well as tracking readiness of critical deliverables with Sr. Management focus.
Job Title – UK Regulatory Data, Strategy and Portfolio VP
We are looking for a candidate for the role of Project Manager/ Business Analyst to join the ‘UK Regulatory Data, Strategy and Portfolio’ team. A successful candidate will have the following responsibilities:
- Influence direction on the UK Reg data strategy and ensure that a strategic solution is delivered by defining solution options by ensuring analysis is thoroughly performed by the different stakeholders.
- This includes participating in the analysis of the data required by each internal consumer (Credit Risk, Market Risk, Financial Reporting etc) and how these map to the end state data, calc and reporting architecture.
- Be responsible for the UK Reg Data sourcing Domain within the Firmwide Glossary. Partner with Data Consumers, functional SMEs and Information Architects to review data prioritized as part of the Critical Business Initiatives. Participate in working groups to define data concepts.
- Work with portfolio management team to ensure that critical initiatives are delivering in line with strategy
- Coordinate several programs with stakeholders, project managers and technology teams through the end to end infrastructure.
- Facilitate working groups to perform root cause analysis and identify solutions with the technology teams and the subject matter experts.
- Help synthesise updates, challenges and potential solutions for senior management
- Manage direct reports and matrix organisation in London and/or Mumbai
- Proven record of business analysis skills
- Ability to drive meetings to identify appropriate solutions across multiple stakeholders
- Excellent Excel and Power Point skills;
- Experience in big data analysis tools beneficial
- Understanding of technology process flows and interactions with technology teams
- Inquisitive mind
- Leadership skills: ability to take initiative and drive projects to completion
- Ability to work independently
- Ability to multi-task, coordinate multiple work streams concurrently and be versatile in running a broad-range of project types
- Experience in stakeholder management across multiple lines of business and functional areas
- Ability to summarise key messages and produce clear presentations in a short timeframe
- Effective communication and influencing skills including presenting project updates to senior management.