|Job Type:||Full Time|
The Audit Management Group within Financial Reporting is primarily responsible for the management and governance of the Statutory Audit process for all financial reporting year ends for Unit Trusts, Open-Ended Investment Companies (OEICs), Société d'investissement à Capital Variable (SICAV) and Investment Trusts (ITs) administered in EMEA region. The team liaises with a wide range of departments across JPMorgan both onshore and offshore.
Main Duties and Responsibilities
- Control the end-to-end audit process including daily audit log management with auditors and internal partners
- Support less experienced team members to develop their capabilities and confidence within the BAU environment and personal development
- Management of staff ensuring regular one to one meetings and ongoing support available
- Identify / support initiatives for continuous improvement and efficiency in the end-to-end model
- Be responsible and a primary point of contact for the delivery of relevant information to auditors
- Support a progressive approach to improving the quality of service delivered to auditors and ultimately clients
- Lead / support in delivering any changes to service agreed with the client, according to internal policy and with regard to impacts on service level agreements.
- Ensure effective controls and governance to mitigate risks in both the Financial Reporting and wider distributed operating model
- Review of KPIs and key trends analysis for senior management reporting
- Maintain an excellent and interactive relationship with all internal partners, including but not limited to Financial Reporting, Technology, Fund Accounting, Middle Office and Client Service.
- Escalation support for the client and external auditors in relation to audit queries and ensure that all queries / issues are resolved in a timely manner.
- Responsible for identification / addressing Audit findings/overruns identified during audit process, with internal partners with 602 / VP support
- Identify and follow through on opportunities to enhance the overall client / stakeholder relationship.
- Ensure quality control of team production is in place and diligently implemented through ownership of planning processes, consideration over resource capacity.
- Ensure internal control guidance is followed during accounts production by all team members, lead in ensuring a robust control environment, identify and remediate inefficient / missing controls within the current environment.
Key Skills and Attributes
- Strong attention to detail
- Innovative and analytical approach
- Strong sense of ownership and responsibility
- Effective and timely escalation to all levels of business.
- Ability to work effectively across multiple tasks
- Strong organisation and time management skills
- Embraces change with a positive attitude and can-do mindset
- Ability to communicate effectively at all levels, both internally and with external stakeholders
- Self-motivated. and dedicated approach to client delivery
- Ability to balance commercial mindset with operational capacity and capability.
- Strong written and verbal communication skills
Required Experience and Knowledge
- Knowledge of accounting frameworks under which financial statements are produced.
- Knowledge of financial instruments and their accounting treatments
- Knowledge of investment funds and the overall audit process.
- Knowledge of software packages (Word, Excel, Access, and PowerPoint).
- Experience in operations and/or client/audit management
- Track record in producing clear, concise, relevant and accurate documentation
- Experience of working across all levels of the organization
- Alteryx Core Certification
- Tableau Specialist Certification
- Microsoft VBA experience
JPMorgan Chase & Co. offers an exceptional benefits program and a highly competitive compensation package. JPMorgan Chase & Co. is an Equal Opportunity Employer and a member of the UK Government’s Disability Confident Scheme.