|Job Type:||Full Time|
Hutchison Ports UK is looking to appoint an Environment & Energy Manager to join the Health, Safety and Environment team. As part of our ongoing commitment across HPUK the Environment & Energy Manager will be the expert in sourcing best practice for Environmental issues, making recommendations and identifying and implementing strategies as required. An autonomous role the ideal candidate will have a passion for Environmental matters, driving change and supporting the continued delivery of a leading operation in identifying and meeting legislative requirements. With 52 Ports across 27 countries we are unrivalled in our approach to developing and implementing new technologies and ways of working. We work closely with colleagues within Hutchison Ports Europe sharing knowledge and contributing to the ongoing development of Port Operations.
- Create and develop an environment strategy for HPUK that aligns overall business goals.
- Initiation and implementation of environmental and energy reduction systems across all HPUK facilities, and the monitoring of their day-to day effectiveness such that measurable improvements and cost reductions are attained.
- Communication and monitoring of policies and procedures by means of accepted management and loss prevention principles, to ensure that the Port, its employees and the environment is protected and compliant with legislative and industry standards.
- As directed by the Head of Health and Safety help safety managers and operational colleagues to deliver high health and safety standards around the business.
- Build and maintain a strong, effective relationship with all local and national environmental regulators.
- Attend and coordinate, as Investigating Officer, serious environmental (and where directed health and safety) incidents, investigating the causes, managing liabilities and making recommendations to avoid repeat incidents.
- Work in partnership with senior management across HPUK to embed environment strategies and standards and provide technical support and advice on environmental and energy issues.
- Management of environmental and energy management systems to ensure legal compliance and continued ISO 14001 & 50001 certification, including record maintenance, audits, risk assessments, process & compliance reviews, measurements and recommendations for improvement.
Who are we looking for?
Suitable applicants will be:
- We recognise that Environmental Management skills can be applied in various different industries, so you do not need to have previous experience in the Port industry.
- Experience of working with energy reduction projects and of health & safety management is an advantage.
- Be a diligent and meticulous investigator.
- Full UK Driving licence.
- Recognised Environmental qualification, Diploma or Bachelor’s Degree.
- Act to improve processes, products and services in area of responsibility, modelling a proactive and supportive approach to change.
Hutchison Ports is committed to creating and developing an inclusive work environment with a diverse workforce. We will consider all qualified applicants and encourage discussion about flexible working opportunities. We offer a supportive, community environment and have recently been awarded Chartered status by Women In Maritime. We have our own Women’s Network, offer leadership, mentoring and role specific training.
Please apply via the Port-al where you will be required to upload your CV.