|Job Type:||Full Time|
JPMorgan Chase (JPM) is a leading global financial services firm with assets of $2 trillion and operations in more than 60 countries. The firm is a leader in investment banking, financial services for consumers, small business and commercial banking, financial transaction processing, asset management, and private equity. The Chief Data Office (CDO) has a mandate set and actively supported at the JPM board level to transform data management towards demonstrable shareholder value. The Data Network Architecture (DNA) team has a firm-wide remit to deliver a broad set of data management capabilities including the overall functional and technical vision for data governance.
Product Owner for the firm’s toolset to capture data lineage and governance for our key regulatory reporting processes and Data Privacy agenda. Accountable to key Finance and Regulatory Reporting and Accounting (FRRA), and Data Privacy champions/senior stakeholders to deliver and maintain an effective capability. SME engagement and requirement gathering, design and overall responsibility for the implementation with a dedicated Technology team. Implementation of BAU Op Models, testing and the sustainable maintenance of processes by dedicated Ops teams. Specifically focused on data management in support of Critical Business Initiatives (CBIs) e.g. CCAR, MIFID II and the firm-wide Data Privacy agenda etc. The DNA Regulatory Reporting Governance toolset is part of DNA Governance Centre (Taxonomy, Governance and Metrics management suite of tools), which is in turn part of the overall DNA Product which delivers a firm-wide Data Catalogue and lineage capability. In addition to supporting the Report Governnace toolset, this PO role would also assist in the wider book of work for DNA Governance Center, e.g. the support in development of Taxonomies for the firmwide Data Privacy program and end to end firm-wide Taxonomy management tooling.
- The DNA Regulatory Reporting Governance Product Owner (PO) will work with the Financial Regulatory Reporting and Accounting (FRRA) team and partners to continue to establish comprehensive governance processes aligned to the Firm-wide CDO initiatives.
- The PO will coordinate, own and manage the sequencing and prioritisation of delivery of strategic tooling in partnership with the participating LoBs. Create business requirements, functional design specifications and project plans for future releases.
- Facilitate sessions with various stakeholders to effectively review and update the operating model. Drive improvements to the operating model based on lessons learned.
- Lead the creation and syndication of relevant Data Governance process documentation to stakeholders and users within the firm.
- Manage a small team of Business Analysts to deliver against the objectives.
- Support the DNA Governance Centre Product Owner to deliver against the wider team objectives.
- Partner with other DNA Product Owners to develop a joined up suite of tools to deliver against the DNA objectives.
- Perform quality assurance (QA) testing in support of our technology team.
- Partner with operations team in creating test scripts and support the execution of User Acceptance Testing (UAT).
- Support the training and operations teams in developing training content on new Data Governance processes/tooling to ensure all users understand the operating model.
- Develop material for senior management and project updates.
- Act as a Subject Matter Expert (SME) on their toolset.
- Exceptional governance, project management and organisational skills. Experience in Product Ownership, Data Management and change management with a proven track record in delivery of major programs within the Financial Services industry.
- Outstanding communication skills. Ability to partner with, coordinate and obtain information from SMEs. Manage and report to stakeholders from various LoBs. Demonstrate a credible level of understanding to specific business needs and ability to translate the SME and Stakeholder key information into a refined and useful set of requirements.
- Strong use of Jira/Confluence and Microsoft software applications to manage requirements and to deliver presentations and professional supporting material to senior stakeholders.
- A strong understanding and proven delivery within an Agile SDLC methodology.
- A hard working ethos and strong sense of self-motivation in order to lead, own and deliver against objectives.
- Demonstrate analytical and problem solving skills – including ability to anticipate, access and determine solution.
- Strong relationship building skills, demonstrated consultative approach and influencing skills.
- Ability to work effectively in a high pressure work environment.
- Extreme attention to detail and ability to work independently.
- Experience in management of Business Analysts to support the delivery objectives.
- A knowledge of regulatory reporting and reference data in relation to Financial Services and a good understanding of the structure and LoBs across JPMC would not be necessary, but advantageous.