|Job Type:||Full Time|
The Chief Technology Office (CTO) API Technology group is currently seeking a software engineer to join the team responsible for creation of products, tools and enablement services that support delivery of high quality, secure and performance APIs. In support of Global Technology’s Modern Engineering Practices GT Vision strategy, you will be a part of a cross line of business effort focused on key optimization themes; concerning API architecture and engineering, API lifecycle management and API health and have the opportunity to improve the way in which we deliver software to our business.As a professional in JPMorgan Chase & Co.'s global technology group, you will have the opportunity to work with some of the industry's leading talent in developing programmes with broad and lasting impact.
The successful candidate will be a passionate, results-orientated technologist with a drive to provide a first class customer experience, whilst following engineering best practices.
You will have some experience of delivering complex software solutions within a large-scale organization and will demonstrate knowledge of API design and development best practices.
- You will be responsible for the development of tools and services that support consistent design and development of high quality APIs and improve the API engineering experience for Global Technology.
- You will work as part of an agile team, delivering practical solutions with business value.You will have the opportunity to collaborate with other high performing teams to both build solutions and help improve the API tooling.
- Bachelor's degree in Computer Science, Information Technology, or equivalent
- Experience in Java & Spring Boot programming.Experience with front end Angular and React with Java services also a plus.
- Experience in creating and/or consuming APIs
- Experience in developing cloud based services
- An understanding of good coding practices, proper code structure, configuration management and code refactoring.
- Experience in modern software development processes including
- Agile Delivery
- Continuous Integration / Continuous Development Practices
- Test Driven Development knowledge with practical experience in utilizing unit and automated functional / non-functional testing
- Good communication skills with the ability to engage and converse with other technologists and product leads using a variety of communication strategies.
The hiring manager for this job opening would welcome a conversation about flexibility. This could range from ad hoc flexibility in a full time position, to a more formal Flexible Work Arrangement.
The Chief Technology Office oversees enabling components inclusive of the top quality engineering and architecture tools and practices, key program management and processes as well as the technology workforce strategy required to make us a leading technology company for our customers, clients and colleagues around the world.
When you work at JPMorgan Chase & Co., you’re not just working at a global financial institution. You’re an integral part of one of the world’s biggest tech companies. In 20 technology centers worldwide, our team of 50,000 technologists design, build and deploy everything from enterprise technology initiatives to big data and mobile solutions, as well as innovations in electronic payments, cybersecurity, machine learning, and cloud development. Our $10B+ annual investment in technology enables us to hire people to create innovative solutions that will are transforming the financial services industry.
At JPMorgan Chase & Co. we value the unique skills of every employee, and we’re building a technology organization that thrives on diversity. We encourage professional growth and career development, and offer competitive benefits and compensation. If you’re looking to build your career as part of a global technology team tackling big challenges that impact the lives of people and companies all around the world, we want to meet you.