|Job Type:||Full Time|
See yourself being part of a large, transformational change? This could be the role for you!
Iress is continuing to hire for roles during Covid-19 with all interviewing and on-boarding done virtually. Everyone new to the team, along with our current staff, will temporarily work from home until it is safe to return to our offices.
Who we are
At Iress, we believe technology should help people perform better every day. Since our beginning in 1993, people across financial services have trusted us to take their performance to the next level. From the world’s most established financial brands to new and disruptive players, we help improve every aspect of our clients’ businesses so that they can work better, every day.
Iress is one of Australia’s largest technology companies and employs more than 1,900 people across Australia, United Kingdom, South Africa, Canada, New Zealand and Asia.
The Principal Support & Reliability Engineer will help to drive quality outcomes for Iress' clients and enable engineering teams to work to the best of their abilities. This role will ensure both engineering and operationally focused teams work seamlessly as one combined, end-to-end, product engineering team. Working as part of a large, global team and acting as an SME on DevOps practices and cloud technologies, your main focus will be to ensure a highly reliable, automated product engineering & operational capability exists.
What you will be doing
- Contributing, supporting and delivering Iress' strategic vision for support and reliability engineering with a strong focus on enabling speed, scale and quality.
- Delivering a global alignment of infrastructure, delivery and platform technology across Iress
- Coaching the wider SRE and Engineering teams around automation to remove the need for 'hands-on' work, driving more efficient ways of working
- Working closely with engineering teams to reduce cycle times for build and deployments
- Finding better ways of doing things, with a view to the future and technology engineering trends
What you will need
A strong working knowledge of modern software and technology including;
- CI/CD processes and tools such as BuildKite, Jenkins, Azure DevOps
- Programming languages such as Java, Nodejs, Golang, C#
- Scripting skills in Bash and/or Python
- Knowledge of AWS services such as VPC, EC2, S3, RDS, ECS, etc.
- Expertise in IaC patterns and tools such as Terraform / Cloud formation
- Experience with configuration management tools such as Ansible / Chef / Puppet
- Knowledge of Docker container management and orchestration of containers such as ECS, AKS, EKS, GKE or native Kubernetes
- Experience with databases (e.g. Postgres, SQL Server, Oracle or NoSQL DBs)
You will be a modern thinker who looks to the future while ensuring practical, commercial outcomes are achieved in the present and will be comfortable communicating positively and effectively to a variety of teams internally as well as to clients and external stakeholders. Self-motivation is key and your enthusiasm will help you to educate and coach a broad range of technologists at Iress, with the capability to solicit the involvement of others when required. Experience of defining a delivery plan and proposing supporting budgets is essential and you will have proven ability in quick and decisive decision making.
Why work with us
- Competitive remuneration
- Global opportunities
- Casual dress, flexible work policy
- Access to learning and development programs
- Health Benefits including Private Medical Insurance
- Iress Community
- 3 days’ leave per year for charity initiatives
- Global 36-hour hackathon
- Cycle to Work scheme
- 25 days holiday plus Bank Holidays
- Profit Share Plan
- Up to 26 weeks’ paid parental leave for primary carers (up to 4 weeks for secondary carers), and the ability to work part-time when returning to work.