|Job Type:||Full Time|
J.P. Morgan Global Credit Trading is a global leading market maker in bonds, credit derivatives, exotic products and solutions. It offers first-class, highly integrated financial services to a global client base and provides financial assets and liquidity for banks, insurance companies, finance companies, mutual funds and hedge funds. Traders, salespeople and research analysts work collectively to generate ideas and provide markets to clients.
The Credit Automated Trading Strategies team works closely with traders to cover Credit flow products, including Corporate Bonds and Credit Indices. We apply a scientific approach to trading by combining an understanding of market microstructure with modern data analytics to develop quoting, market-making and hedging strategies. The team is also responsible for improving traders’ workflow and creating new analytical tools.
The Credit Automated Trading Strategies team is a part of Quantitative Research, which is responsible for providing quantitative analytics and models to facilitate and optimize trading and risk management in the global CIB Markets Business. The responsibilities of the team span the full range from new model specification, research and implementation, applying for model approval, to integration into production systems as well as their day-to-day support.
This exciting opportunity is at the intersection of trading, data science and quantitative research. The candidate would join our Credit Automated Trading Strategies team in London as a Vice President, and work alongside traders to optimize automated trading workflow. This is a unique opportunity to get exposure to trading and markets while maximally leveraging the candidate’s quantitative skill set.
Key responsibilities could include:
- Using data science and statistics to produce data-driven, actionable insights for trading
- Monitoring performance of e-trading models and platform to identify opportunities for improvement
- Analyzing and reporting on trading/profitability/market share data
- Driving design, roll-out and adoption of new models and trading systems on the trading desk
- Raising awareness of the latest cutting-edge tools and technology available to the desk
- Liaise with QR and Technology to execute and roll out improvements to desk processes
- Build prototype applications for the desk to quickly evaluate ideas
We work in a very dynamic environment. Excellent communication skills are required in our interaction with trading, technology, and control functions. A passion for trading and markets is essential, as is a solid foundation in mathematics and statistics. The role requires a detailed understanding of both electronic trading as well as Credit markets. Basic experience with object-oriented programming languages (e.g. Python) is a must. A STEM undergraduate degree from a top tier institution is required; a graduate degree is preferred.
- Exceptionally strong in math, statistics and problem solving: calculus, linear algebra, probability, regression, time series analysis
- Excellent practical data-analysis skills on real datasets, gained through hands-on experience
- Credit market structure knowledge, especially regarding electronic platforms and protocols
- Knowledge of electronic trading and market making systems and best practice
- Familiarity with tools and methods of exploratory data analysis, visualization and modeling in Python e.g., pandas, scipy, sklearn, Jupyter
- Experience programming with object-oriented languages (i.e. Python, C++, etc)
- Knowledge of economics, finance and markets
- Attention to detail: consistently produces accurate work and high quality written presentations
- Excellent communication and presentation skills; can clearly and succinctly summarize analysis for trading and management
- Ability to work in a high-pressure environment
- Pro-active attitude. Should have a natural interest to learn about our business, models and technology platform