|Job Type:||Full Time|
End DateFriday 14 August 2020
Salary Range£76,050 - £101,400
Agile Working OptionsFlexible / Variable Hours
Job Description SummaryLloyds Banking Group is changing. We are investing in simplifying, modernising and transforming our IT landscape and are looking for architecture leaders to help drive this transformation. Our goal is to make Infrastructure and Security enablers of agile, efficient change through platforms and capabilities that deliver secure, resilient, cost effective solutions at pace.
We're recruiting a forward-looking Cloud Architect who can combine technical thought leadership with the leadership skills to drive strategy and adoption of a variety of cloud based solutions. Working as part of the Infrastructure and Security Architecture team, you'll have knowledge of both fields with a deep expertise in at least one of them. Experience of delivering enterprise scale solutions on private and public clouds is expected, together with the hunger and curiosity to keep their skills and knowledge up-to-date as the industry continues to transform. The role is not a hands-one role, but you need to work closely with our engineering and operations teams to ensure your strategy and architecture delivers the outcomes we're seeking. Ivory tower architects need not apply.
This role is not just about technical skills, the ability to command the respect of and provide leadership to stakeholders from across the organisation is absolutely critical. We expect you to be able to view problems from many different perspectives and build architectural strategies and solutions that are not only technically sound, but also include regulatory, commercial and organisational aspects when appropriate. We're looking for leaders, not managers, who produce their own deliverables and can lead others without direct authority.
You’ll bring the skills and passion to lead us further along our cloud journey… and we’ll bring opportunities on a scale not many organisations can match. So if being a part of this journey appeals and you’ve the cloud architecture experience we’re seeking then get in touch, we've a challenge for you.
Key Domain Expertise:
- Cloud Service Provider technologies e.g. Azure, GCP, AWS.
- Cloud Native principles & supporting technologies e.g. Microservices, DevOps, Containers & CI/CD
- Open Source Software, principles & culture
- Experience of Cloud based workloads, at web-scale.
- Experience of large-scale workload migrations, from traditional hosting environments to Cloud
Enterprise Architect Responsibilities:
- Manage relationships with key internal customers and act as their business partner, while typically using support teams to ensure client satisfaction.
- Meets the needs of significant customers related to a range of products and services and/or manages a customer advisor team over a given area.
- Takes ownership of implementing a team's formal development framework with mentorship from senior colleagues, while informally mentoring others throughout the organisation in area of expertise and pursuing and investing in opportunities for own personal development.
- Manages output delivery for a substantial operational department by leading others.
- Engages with senior business leaders to understand long-term strategic challenges.
- Takes ownership of developing and delivering a major part of the organisation's product development programme in order to enable overall corporate strategy.
- Provides integrated long-term solutions and strategies for a significant area of responsibility, e.g. a function to support the execution of business strategy.
- Develops and/or delivers a plan for significant aspects of a research programme with guidance from senior colleagues.
- Develops the strategy to achieve long-term business needs for an area of business and/or significant function by anticipating broad trends, complex challenges and opportunities and ensures implementation and execution of the strategy in order to enable the success of the enterprise.
- Delivering cost effective architectures.
- Personal and team budget control
Building the Business
- Delivery of own agreed plan
- Delivery of improved processes
- Evidence of strategic impact
- Effective risk management and control with timely identification and management of issues
- Colleague engagement/retention
- Evidence of self and colleague development
What you'd get in return:
Offering you both opportunity and profile - we'll provide you with a diverse, energising and lively environment that focuses on equal opportunity and real career progression.
We'll take your personal and professional development very seriously and enable you to make a genuine difference to millions throughout your career with us!
You’ll be joining a leading digital organisation with the support and career potential you’d expect. We’ll also provide a competitive benefits package with includes:
- A performance related bonus;
- Generous pension contribution;
- 30 days holiday, plus bank holidays;
- A flexible cash benefits allowance;
- Wider corporate benefits.
If you have the motivation, passion and experience to join our transformation journey… we’ll bring opportunities on a scale and breadth not many organisations can match!
At Lloyds Banking Group, we're driven by a clear purpose; to help Britain prosper. Across the Group, our colleagues are focused on making a difference to customers, businesses and communities. With us you'll have a key role to play in shaping the financial services of the future, whilst the scale and reach of our Group means you'll have many opportunities to learn, grow and develop.
We're focused on creating a values-led culture and are committed to building a workforce which reflects the diversity of the customers and communities we serve. Together we’re building a truly inclusive workplace where all of our colleagues have the opportunity to make a real difference.