|Job Type:||Full Time|
End DateFriday 14 August 2020
Salary Range£76,050 - £101,400
Agile Working OptionsOther Agile Working Arrangements / Open to Discussion
Job Description SummaryLloyds Banking Group is changing, and we're investing in the modernisation and transforming our IT landscape. Our goal is to create a technology landscape that is an enabler of agile, efficient change with technologies that can deliver secure, resilient and cost-effective solutions - at pace.
To help us drive this transformation we're searching for leaders with a passion for making a difference. Someone who can combine technical, thought and leadership skills to drive architecture strategy and adoption across the group.
Working as part of the Payments, Fraud and Financial Crime Prevention Architecture team, you'll have broad experience and deep expertise in the creation of future strategies that take a holistic approach to impacts across one or more of these critical domains.
The ability to provide forward-thinking leadership for partners of all levels from across the organisation will set the candidate apart. These partners will be a mix of senior leaders, engineering and operational communities. To succeed, you must view problems from many different perspectives and our architectural strategies must challenge the ‘status quo’.
- Build compelling architecture strategies and roadmaps with comprehensive inputs from Business, Engineering, Operations, Industry and Vendors. Actively publicising and guiding relevant partners and business groups;
- Keep pace with the latest industry trends and vendor offerings to ensure our strategy and roadmaps capitalise on opportunities;
- Influence and crafting of major strategic change programmes;
- Influence and crafting of our Payments, Fraud and Financial Crime Prevention investment portfolio;
- Build positive relationships with the Payments directorate within our Chief Information Office and across the Retail, Commercial and Insurance business groups to interlock future demand and crafting solutions to meet these demands;
- Build positive relationships with engineering teams to architect, design and deliver capability;
- Build positive relationships with major change programmes delivering new capabilities;
- Subject matter expert for one or more of Payments, Fraud and Financial Crime Prevention with deep and broad knowledge of technology, methodology and assurance techniques;
- Encouraged to carry out core accountabilities with minimal level of supervision for complex tasks and no supervision for more routine matters;
- Has a comprehensive understanding of Solutions Architecture;
- As needed provide leadership and direction on business and IT strategy, portfolio shaping, and IT;
- Support the Chief Architect to build, lead, develop, appraise and motivate a team of architects that is capable of satisfying the accountabilities described above; and
- As needed provide line management for Solution Architects.
Must have technical experience:
One or more of the following domains:
- Domestic and international electronic payments;
- Transaction fraud prevention, detection and remediation; and
- Financial crime prevention including transaction screening, customer due diligence and anti-money laundering.
Preferable technical experience:
- Modern data management strategies;
- Event driven architectures; and
- Public cloud architectures.
The culture of Lloyds Banking Group brings together smart, hardworking people from diverse backgrounds that thrive in collaborative and innovative environments.
Key Technical Knowledge areas:
- Uses LBG and other appropriate tools, including logical models of components and interfaces, to contribute to the development of systems architectures in specific business or functional areas.
- Produces detailed component specifications and translates these into detailed designs for implementation using selected products. Within a business change programme, assists in the preparation of technical plans and cooperates with business assurance and project staff to ensure that appropriate technical resources are made available.
- Provides advice on technical aspects of system development and integration (including requests for changes, deviations from specifications, etc.) and ensures that relevant technical strategies, policies, standards and practices are applied accurately.
- Takes ownership of planning sharing and publishing of solutions within LBG. Maintains and communicates the project / programme strategy. Devises and implements appropriate frameworks and document policies for projects / programmes.
- Provides well-informed advice, typically on more than one topic, taking steps to ensure that it is properly understood and appropriately exploited, to enhance the effectiveness of significant activities.
- Maintains an in-depth knowledge of specific business and technical specialisms, and provides expert advice regarding their application. Can supervise specialist technical consultancy. The specialism can be any technical or business domain.
- Develops and manages relationships with key stakeholder groups. Initiates communications between stakeholders, acting as a single point of contact for defined groups. Facilitates open communication and discussion between stakeholders. Captures and disseminates technical and business information. Facilitates the business change decision-making processes, and the planning and implementation of change.
- Specifies and designs large or complex systems. Selects appropriate design standards, methods and tools, consistent with agreed enterprise and solution architectures and ensures they are applied effectively. Reviews others' systems designs to ensure selection of appropriate technology, efficient use of resources, and integration of multiple systems and technology. Contributes to policy for selection of architecture components. Evaluates and undertakes impact analysis on major design options and assesses and manages associated risks. Ensures that the system design balances functional, service quality and systems management requirements.
What you'd get in return:
Offering you both opportunity and profile - we'll provide you with a diverse, energising and lively environment that focuses on equal opportunity and real career progression.
We'll take your personal and professional development very seriously and enable you to make a genuine difference to millions throughout your career with us!
You’ll be joining a leading digital organisation with the support and career potential you’d expect. We’ll also provide a competitive benefits package with includes:
- A performance related bonus;
- Generous pension contribution;
- 30 days holiday, plus bank holidays;
- A flexible cash benefits allowance;
- Wider corporate benefits.
If you have the motivation, passion and experience to join our transformation journey… we’ll bring opportunities on a scale and breadth not many organisations can match!
At Lloyds Banking Group, we're driven by a clear purpose; to help Britain prosper. Across the Group, our colleagues are focused on making a difference to customers, businesses and communities. With us you'll have a key role to play in shaping the financial services of the future, whilst the scale and reach of our Group means you'll have many opportunities to learn, grow and develop.
We're focused on creating a values-led culture and are committed to building a workforce which reflects the diversity of the customers and communities we serve. Together we’re building a truly inclusive workplace where all of our colleagues have the opportunity to make a real difference.