|Job Type:||Full Time|
Wholesale Payments, Trade Finance are looking to hire an acknowledged product specialist within the Trade Product group who can develop and implement product and product business plans in conjunction with Sales strategies and provide technical expertise on Standby trade product both internally and externally preferably with Europe, Middle East and/or Africa trade expertise. To be based out of London.
- Leadership skills: able to manage different stakeholders through the New Business Initiatives Approvals process.
- Specifically manage the Standby Trade product functions both from a Europe, Middle East and/or African perspective
- Develop Product Strategy (including Market and Competitor Analysis) in line with the overall EMEA and global Trade Finance strategy
- Conduct new product development including implementing product extensions for current product offerings in light of evolving market trends, client requirements, geographic expansion and regulatory changes, for both the FI and Corporate segments
- Analyze market segmentation for sales process and client coverage
- Interface with Sales to provide technical product sales support of the Trade Sales Professionals and other related sales functions
- Conduct routine evaluations of alternative service providers (e.g. vendors, core technology platforms)
- Be able to review marketing materials, sales presentations, and product slip sheets against the bank’s policies and market intelligence. Requirements definition and specifications including conceptual and detail design in partnership with IT and Operations
- Provide internal and external product advocacy through active participation at industry forums, conferences, working groups and media communications
- Conduct internal training sessions for multiple disciplines
- Manage regular Product Management functions including product profitability, competitor analysis etc., keeping abreast of Industry changes and enhancements.
- Development, analysis and support of trade MIS functions for EMEA region focusing particularly on volume, revenue and rebates on particular product segments, originated in the region but delivered globally whilst understanding the drivers
- Preparing product development updates for internal/external client consumption
- Work as part of a small team with minimal day to day supervision
- Be responsible for product pricing strategies
- Lead and support RFP and RFI proposals
Qualifications / Experience
- Bachelor's degree or equivalent
- Must be able to demonstrate a considerable level of direct experience within Trade Finance and knowledge of its products gained in a Product Management, Operations, Sales or other similar role within the financial services industry with the ability to develop and define new product offerings together with a detailed understanding of the technical background of such Trade offerings
- Strong analytical skills
- Strong presentation skills
- Project management and strategic planning skills
- Strong interpersonal skills with the ability to maintain close working relationships with Sales, Customer service and Product delivery managers to ensure customer satisfaction and product profitability.