|Job Type:||Full Time|
About the Office of Legal Obligations. The Office of Legal Obligations (OLO) is a firmwide programme responsible for developing and executing a sustainable infrastructure and process that (i) documents JPMorgan Chase’s obligations arising from material laws, regulations, and rules, and (ii) connects the obligations to policies, when applicable, as well as to procedures or other documentation that support compliance with those laws, rules and regulatory requirements.
The overall OLO programme goal is to improve the control environment regarding the laws and regulations of the firm. The programme helps allow the firm to trace end-to-end connections between laws, regulations, rules, and policies and procedures.
For the programme, JPMorgan requires talented lawyers with a strong regulatory awareness and background who are able to understand the risks to the lines of business and JPMorgan of non-compliance with laws, regulations, and rules. The successful candidate will join a global team of lawyers, project managers, and other professionals who are responsible for helping the Legal Department document JPMorgan’s material legal obligations and monitor for legal and regulatory changes that may impact the programme.
- Work closely with the rest of the Legal Department to develop and maintain the legal obligations for JPMorgan’s businesses in EMEA.
- Monitor, identify, and document changes in legal and regulatory developments for France, the EU, and other EMEA jurisdictions as necessary.
- Provide written summaries of legal and regulatory developments to programme stakeholders, including the Legal Department, the business, and other corporate functions, and advise on such developments as needed.
- Research and analyse laws, regulations and rules to assess applicability and impact to JPMorgan.
- Collaborate with internal line of business lawyers to respond to questions from the business and corporate functions about the legal obligations.
- Instruct and liaise with external counsel as required.
- Conduct gap analyses on the completeness and accuracy of legal obligations.
- Develop subject matter expertise on products and services offered by JPMorgan as required.
- Assist with the development of policies, procedures and controls.
- Participate in legal and other firmwide projects.
- Qualified lawyer with a minimum of 3 years’ experience obtained in private practice or in-house at a financial institution.
- Background in EU financial services regulation.
- Excellent legal research and writing skills.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
- Ability to comprehensively and concisely summarise legal and regulatory developments for distribution to a non-legal audience.
- Ability to develop strong relationships with the business, corporate functions, and fellow legal and support professionals.
- Strong analytical and collaborative skills, and ability to work independently.
- Detail oriented with strong organizational and project management skills.
- Ability to manage competing priorities and to co-ordinate among a wide range of internal stakeholders.
- Proficient in Microsoft Word, Excel, and PowerPoint.
- Fluency in English and French.
- French qualified lawyer and/or familiarity with the French legal and regulatory framework.
- Fluency in German, Italian, or Spanish.
- Experience with regulatory change monitoring.