|Job Type:||Full Time|
Responsible for the real time tactical delivery of resourcing of traincrew, during normal service requirements and in times of disruption implementing and resourcing line of route contingency plans by maintaining interface between the Duty Resource Managers, Waterloo Service Delivery team and Rail Operations Centre ensuring efficient service recovery. On shift management of the Duty Resource Managers ensuring that expected standards of conduct and behaviour are maintained.
- Ensure delivery of an efficient planned and real time resourcing of traincrews to the train service plan.
- Support and advise ROC team on current resourcing capabilities in line with the requirements for the service.
- Work closely with the ROC team to ensure implementation of line of route contingency plans and the use of shuttle services.
- Ensure accurate and timely communication between the ROC and SRM/DRM locations during normal and disrupted operations, communicating contingency plans to SRM/DRM's and ensuring that these plans are implemented.
- Provide on shift management of DRM team ensuring that all DRM's work to the highest standards and display the companies Values and Behaviours.
- Provide Centre Manager with feedback on DRM performance,, focusing on personal and company objectives which will enhance engagement with staff and the business needs.
- Assist in the creation and compilation of long term service contingency plans ensuring that regular efficiency reviews are undertaken with regards to Resourcing.
- Carry out reviews of operational incidents and implement Resourcing recommendations.
- Provide data in relation to train crew resourcing highlighting uncovered work and supporting the DRM team in order to provide coverage and reduce risk to train service.
- Monitor Bugle and Trust systems, ensuring correct attribution and assisting with development, implementation and monitoring of Performance Improvement Plans.
- Provide cover for DRM desks at Basingstoke station as required.
- Send out ESR information to DRM locations and/or electronic traincrew notice boards.
- Attend ILR's and EWAT's as required and carry out necessary actions to protect train service.
- The role requires strategic decision making in pressurised operations environment.
- The role requires the individual to work with key stakeholders to continually plan and resource the train service to achieve the most efficient and effective utilisation of traincrew resources including service disruption planning and resourcing.
- Point of advice for DRM decisions regarding train crew and implementation of line of route contingency plans including shuttle services.
- Point of advice for DRM people related decisions around D&A policy matters and initial conduct discussions.
Working to the ROC instructions on a daily basis to ensure effective resourcing of the train service plan is achieved and give advice as to resource options available during times of service disruption in order that recovery plans can be suitably resourced.
Advance planning of resourcing for special events such as Industrial Action, Twickenham, Ascot, etc. And engineering possessions, de-icing and line blockages.
Chair resource telephone conferences held daily, reviewing the traincrew roster for each location, to ascertain current and future resource levels to ensure coverage of the train service plan is achieved,
Monitor Freeday working of traincrew by the DRM's ensuring it's cost effective and meets the individual's requirement under the fatigue guidelines.
Review rosters and train plans to ensure most efficient use of resource is utilised
Monitor freeday and overtime changes for staff through the Genius system for correct payment ensuring all exchanges are compliant with business procedures
Working on a Shift basis covering Early/Late shifts, 7 days a week.
Flexibility around working location in times of disruption and staff shortages.
Provide guidance on future train crew strategy in line with service recovery and train service resourcing to ensure recovery plans are kept “fit for purpose”.
Providing effective management and guidance to the DRM team to ensure optimum performance of team.
- Knowledge and experience of traincrew terms and conditions and fatigue & risk index parameters within a railway environment
- Experience and a proven track record in working within an integrated control centre environment or similar logistical environment.
- Excellent communication skills, both written and verbal, with the ability to analyse reports and information.
- A1 Assessor qualification (desirable)
- Excellent leadership qualities, being able to motivate and inspire managers and staff.
- Be able to coach and support staff so that they meet and exceed the requirements of their role.
- Thorough knowledge of rostering, FR&I, GRI, DRI and the national and business conditions of service is desirable, however not essential.
- Experience in a strongly unionised environment desirable.
- Educated to a good academic standard with a professional certificate in management desirable.
- Proven ability to manage a busy workload and prioritise
- Knowledge of route geography and tractions essential.
- SWR Operations Standards Manual & Safety and Health Manual or experience in a similar environment.
- Drivers and Guards Terms and Conditions, or the ability to learn in order to apply.
- IT Knowledge of ATOS Crewplan suite, Sheila, Microsoft Word & Excel
- Ability to produce accurate reports to tight timescales.
- Proficient in statistical analysis and able to identify significant trends.
- General H&S responsibilities for staff, accommodation and the environment.
- Resourcing large groups of staff is essential.
Your personal and professional development is important to us. SWR works alongside high quality training providers to offer apprenticeships that focus on developing your skills, knowledge and behaviours. Our apprenticeships include customer service, team leading, management & leadership, problem solving and project management. When you join SWR you'll have the opportunity to find out more about our apprenticeship programmes and will have the opportunity to enrol.