|Job Type:||Full Time|
This is a dual role, with a 50:50 shared focus on both Druck and Panametrics Business Units.
This role reports directly both to the VP DS Communications and is part of the broader DS Corporate Affairs team (meaning the holder will also be a resource for corporate brand, culture, our story, and helping translate our positioning for a wide range of stakeholders), and to Business Unit Leaders ( meaning the holder will work closely with commercial and marketing teams of Business Units ensuring the proper support and objectives of business goals).
The Druck & Panametrics Business Units’ Communications Manager is responsible for leading 360-degree communications activities – shaping, managing and executing on external, internal, and customer communications for the Druck & Panametrics businesses.
The role owns, develops and delivers end to end, external and customer communications for the Business Units with a focus on driving market positioning through contemporary, dynamic and informative material and campaigns which share the businesses narrative, story and value delivered for engagement with key external audiences and stakeholders. The holder will work with the Business Units’ leadership teams to understand the business needs and priorities and put a strategy and plan in place for communications to help support commercial growth.
This role will also play a key role in shaping and driving employee communications activities and be accountable for developing a global employee engagement communications strategy that shapes a culture of effective communication. He or she will partner with leadership and HR to deliver support on leadership engagement with employees, messages to employees and advising and supporting HR and HSE with their employee engagement. They will also play a key role in translating the messaging around transformation programs to be meaningful for the businesses’ audience.
This role will also support the VPs of Druck & Panametrics, who leads the business globally, for their executive communication projects, including thought leadership and employee communications using multiple and innovative channels, tools and programs.
The holder will support Baker Hughes branding within those businesses to meet the September 2020 deadline.
- Work in collaboration with businesses’ leadership to develop meaningful campaigns and selected marcomm content to position Business Units with customer audience and external stakeholders.
- Supports the development of user-centric communications and drive the continuous modernization of content distribution through digital, mobile, broadcast, online, print, and in-person channels to encourage meaningful conversations and customer outreach;
- Work with the marketing and commercia teams to focus & understand end users and applications and build a messaging strategy that is consistent to business objectives.
- Support and lead digital media strategy for Business Units and develops clear KPIs to measure the deliverables. ( including communications support for website)
- Owns, develops and drives the essentials of employee communication: Supporting major change and transformation, helping people understand and focus on the business priorities of both businesses.
- Oversee day-to-day employee communications for Druck & Panamtrics’ leadership, including management of tactical projects such as newsletters and employee Intranet.
- Manage employee-wide communications systems and help train teams on the proper usage of our systems, including intranet and Skype/Teams broadcast.
- Promote BUs within broader Baker Hughes through corporate channels such as Forward Newsletter, IQM etc.
- Establishes engagement activities that provide opportunities for capturing storytelling as well as rallying and exciting employees to foster greater productivity.
- Partners with the wider DS Corporate Affairs team to align and simplify employee engagement initiatives and messaging.
- Work with Business Units VPs on relevant speaking opportunities, media engagements (interviews, press releases, op-eds), preparing briefing documents and messaging documents, working on talking points and social media presence.
- Finalize major item Baker Hughes branding at Druck & Panametrics to meet September 2020 deadline.
- Support the VP of DS Corporate Affairs with DS EVP communications and executive presence projects when needed.
- Be passionate about communications as a driver
- A minimum of 6 years of corporate communications or agency experience in an international environment
- Bachelor’s degree from an accredited university or college in communications, marketing, English or related field.
- Demonstrated ability to create strategy, develop and implement effective communications’ strategies, change programmes and campaigns
- Ability to work in a global environment across time-zones
- Rigorous attention to detail
- Fluent in written and spoken English;
- Experience in content development and writing
- Experience with directly supporting senior business executives
- Experience with change management in a global organization
- Experience in the development of employee communication campaigns that involved employee activation
- Experience in digital media and digital content creation
- Drive Social Media and campaigns
- Excellent copywriter and communicator
- Sees solutions before problems and develops new ideas without being asked.
- Big picture focus and ability to break problems into digestible pieces
- Ability to manage several senior stakeholders
- Self-starter with hands-on, natural leadership and the demeanour, business maturity, intellect and integrity required to establish credibility with partners and business leaders
- Execution oriented with a collaborative mind-set able to adopt a teams approach
- Ability to work with creative agencies (marketing communications, advertising, digital) to drive success
- Customer focused individual, capable of changing perspectives, problem solving, and adapting strategies and actions to the dynamic and changing energy market
- Product / market knowledge and skills
Provided by Leicester and Shannon
Baker Hughes Company is an Equal Opportunity Employer. Employment decisions are made without regard to race, color, religion, national or ethnic origin, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, age, disability, protected veteran status or other characteristics protected by law.About Us:
Baker Hughes Company is an Equal Opportunity Employer. Employment decisions are made without regard to race, color, religion, national or ethnic origin, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, age, disability, protected veteran status or other characteristics protected by law.