|Job Type:||Full Time|
Board Management – Full Time Company Secretary (VP)
J.P. Morgan Asset Management, the asset management arm of J.P. Morgan Chase, is one of the largest investment management houses in the world. Our clients include private individuals, government agencies, central banks, asset managers, consumer banks, financial advisers, pension funds, charities and foundations. We offer our expertise on a segregated portfolio basis as well as within pooled vehicles.
The Board Management team provides a full support service for a number of Open and Closed ended UK, Luxembourg and Irish domiciled funds all of which are managed by JPMorgan Asset Management.
Overview of the Board Management Team
The Board Management Team comprises nine Company Secretaries, one Corporate Governance Manager and a Board Management Support team consisting of 6 individuals based in London and Mumbai. This role will report into the head of the Open-Ended Funds Board Management team and will join the associated management team.
The Board Management team works with a large number of teams across the Asset Management business to ensure that the boards are provided with high quality information in a timely manner, whilst additionally providing relevant and timely updates on any regulatory matters.
The role available is a senior position within the team and the primary responsibility will be supporting the board of JPMorgan Funds Limited and the OEIC Funds, overseeing the activities of the UK funds. JPMorgan Funds Limited is both an Authorised Corporate Director and an Alternative Investment Fund Manager with responsibility for several different types of fund, including OEICs, Investment Trusts, Real Estate Funds and a Hedge Fund. The combined assets under management for these funds are approximately £28 billion.
There will also be opportunities to support and oversee some of the investment trusts as well as various internal committees, depending on the candidate.
Primary responsibilities and duties
Some of the key activities for this role are given below.
- Attend board meetings and provide full company secretarial support for the boards of the funds you will be responsible for.
- Work with other teams in developing new products or amend existing ones, ensure that any necessary shareholder notifications have the appropriate content and form.
- Manage the board paper production process effectively, ensuring that papers are sent to Directors in a timely manner.
- Organise and maintain the agenda plan for the year and organise board meetings at least a year in advance.
- Work with other team members to ensure that all action items from board meetings are carried out effectively.
- Help to manage the team making sure that the day to day work is carried out effectively and efficiently.
Candidate skills, experience and knowledge
- Client focused
- Previous employers and roles
- Technical knowledge
- Relationship management
- Project management
- Communication, influencing and interpersonal skills
- Document management