|Location:||Remote - UK/EU only|
|Job Type:||Full Time|
The Advanced Data Lead is a senior leader within our enterprise sales organization. The role leads, develops and manages teams of high performing Specialists and Technical Specialists in the Global Black Belt team. These team members are assigned to Data Azure Advanced Workloads working with Microsoft’s customers and partners to enable and accelerate their digital transformations to the cloud.
- 50% - Develops and coaches high-performing team by hiring diverse talent, prioritizing development, preparing people for more senior positions in other parts of the organization, leading by example by maintaining a customer and partner network andbuild credibility as a domain ‘thought-leader’ representing Microsoft in events.
- 30% - Builds and transform new markets and identify and capitalize and lead transformational shifts in our customers.
- 20% - Disciplined in business-management; adaptable to a culture of accountability; build a strong and active business network; meets sales targets and operational standards
- 10+ years of success in consultative/complex technical sales and/or deployment of analytics projects. This can include envisioning, design, architecture, implementation, and/or support required
- Prior work experienceworking with solutions that include Data OSS solutions (MySQL, PostgreSQL, MariaDB) and NoSQL solutions (MongoDB, Cassandra, Cosmos DB) or other comparable data solutions required
- Relationship Building.Experience in building sustainable relationships with senior Business and/or IT executives in large or highly strategic accounts. Experience in managing various stakeholder relationships to get consensus on solution/projects. required
- Management. Successful management of large-scale, complex deal cycles in big strategic Fortune 500 accounts.
- Leader. Coaching direct reports in pipeline management, opportunity management, and account planning
- Collaborative. Strong relationship-building and negotiation skills.
- Excellent Communicator. Executive level communication skills (both written and verbal), and the ability to mentor others.
- Consultative Technical Selling and Challenger mindset. Validated experience in consultative technical selling approach, including bringing innovative ideas to customers problems and being customer focused
- Highly driven passionate person who consistently exceeds goals and expectations
- Growth Mindset. Experience and passion for learning (technical and professional skills); implementing practices from others;
- 10+ years’ experience selling & deployment of Data OSS solutions (MySQL, PostgreSQL, MariaDB) and NoSQL solutions (MongoDB, Cassandra, Cosmos DB) required
- Knowledge of Data OSS solutions (MySQL, PostgreSQL, MariaDB) and NoSQL solutions (MongoDB, Cassandra, Cosmos DB) required
- Expertise in one or more technologies like Teradata, Oracle Exadata, IBM Netezza, SAP (HANA, BW), HDInsight, Hadoop, Cloudera/Hortonworks, Apache Spark, Snowflake, MapR, AWS (Redshift, Glue), Google (BigQuery) required
- Experience and understanding of large-scale data deployments in enterprise-wide environments required
- Deep domain expertise of Data OSS solutions (MySQL, PostgreSQL, MariaDB) and NoSQL solutions (MongoDB, Cassandra, Cosmos DB), breadth of technical experience, and technical aptitude to learn and adjust to new technologies and cloud trends required
- Knowledge of market trends and competitive insights preferred
- Understanding of partner ecosystems and the ability to leverage partner solutions to solve customer needs preferred
- Bachelor’s degree or equivalent work experience preferred
- Certification in sales, sales management, complex sales training, sales methodologies, broad evangelism through events (presentation skills), and consultative selling preferred
Additional training or education in enterprise application architecture on cloud preferred
Microsoft is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to age, ancestry, color, family or medical care leave, gender identity or expression, genetic information, marital status, medical condition, national origin, physical or mental disability, political affiliation, protected veteran status, race, religion, sex (including pregnancy), sexual orientation, or any other characteristic protected by applicable laws, regulations and ordinances.
Benefits/perks listed below may vary depending on the nature of your employment with Microsoft and the country where you work.