|Job Type:||Full Time|
As an Operations Team Lead, you'll be responsible for leading the CHAPS Clearing team Monitor JP Morgan’s GBP liquidity at the Bank of England for both High Value GBP payments (CHAPS) and Security Settlement (CREST). Information from lines of business will be provided in a number of formats, systems, spreadsheets and phone calls and must be collated accurately. There is a high dependency from Corporate Treasury to receive accurate and up to date information. As the Team Lead of the Clearing Team the key priority is to ensure the smooth running of day to day operations using systems such as Enquiry Link and Crest GUI to interrogate the Bank’s liquidity position and ensure seamless settlement of high value payments.
Responsibilities to include:
- Effective leadership of the team to meet the requirements of a direct particpant to the CHAPS Payment Scheme.
- Clear and effective communication with senior partners in Treasury and other LoB stakeholders
- Monitoring of JP Morgan Intraday GBP Liquidity Position with the Central Bank
- Timely settlement of Industry critical CLS payments
- Successful completion of all Bank of England regulatory tests and requirements.
- Utilize the various reconciliation applications (iRecs, Global Recon and Frontier) to review and resolve statement to ledger breaks.
- Provide recommendations related to control gaps and work with manager to mitigate risks.
- Work effectively with the overall global cash management team.
- Provide recommendations for process improvements in order to drive change and enhance existing processes.
- Minimum 5 years experience in settlement, accounting or cash management operations.
- Proven leadership skills demonstrating ownership to drive a teams success.
- Previous experience performing work requiring attention to detail and adherence to strict rules, standards and daily deadlines.
- Ability to handle multiple tasks within a deadline oriented and fast paced environment.
- Strong organizational, time management and analytical skills.
- Excellent oral written communications and interpersonal skills.
- Ability to solve complex problems independently and as part of a team.
- Intermediate knowledge of Microsoft Excel.
- Project management skills a plus.
- Knowledge of Funds Transfer principals such as SWIFT and Fedwire.
- Knowledge of Money Market products and Foreign Exchange.