|Job Type:||Full Time|
At Hotels.com, we are looking for a Product Designer to join our talented and fast-paced Shopping & Booking team ensuring our millions of customers have an enjoyable, stress free experience before, during, and after every trip. You'll work with a close-knit team on a variety of end-to-end design projects and be involved in every aspect of the design process, from framing big, gnarly problems to tweaking pixels just before launch.
One of the immediate priorities of this role will be to support the roll out of our completely revamped desktop Hotels.com experience. This project will include working with our design system, rapidly testing and optimising designs to identify improvements for our customers, and influencing the future of the look-and-feel of Hotels.com! Once the migration to the new desktop system is complete, you can expect to be working on end-to-end delivery projects touching on everything from discovery, to wireframing, to prototyping, to usability testing.
What you'll do:
- Collaborate with multiple departments across the org, including Product, Engineering, Merchandising, Customer analytics, Site optimisation and Finance, to solve customer experience problems and identify trends and opportunities.
- Quickly iterate and refine design options from multivariate testing (MVT) results
- Work with our design system to help keep the overall experience coherent
- Help grow, improve, and advocate for our new design system alongside other designers
- Build wireframes and prototypes for design exploration and user testing
- Produce pixel-perfect final UI designs
- Use qualitative and quantitative insights to design and evolve product features
Who you are:
- You have a keen eye for UI detail — pixel perfection matters to you!
- You’ve worked with design systems, preferably as an active contributor
- You have good communication skills and the ability to clearly articulate design rationale
- Experienced in solving end-to-end customer problems
- Experienced in insight-driven design (such as site analytics, MVTs and qualitative research)
- You’re keen to continue building your craft as a designer, learning from and contributing to our multi-skilled team
- Experience as a Product Designer or in a similar role — we are more interested in your design skills and methodology than years of experience!
- You have familiarity with design tools e.g. Figma, Sketch, Principle, and Zeplin
- You have experience delivering UX within an Agile, quick-paced environment
- A portfolio of samples of your work showcasing end-to-end design will be required
Why join us:
Expedia Group recognizes our success is dependent on the success of our people. We are the world's travel platform, made up of the most knowledgeable, passionate, and creative people in our business. Our brands recognize the power of travel to break down barriers and make people's lives better – that responsibility inspires us to be the place where exceptional people want to do their best work, and to provide them with tools to do so.
Whether you're applying to work in engineering or customer support, marketing or lodging supply, at Expedia Group we act as one team, working towards a common goal; to bring the world within reach. We relentlessly strive for better, but not at the cost of the customer. We act with humility and optimism, respecting ideas big and small. We value diversity and voices of all volumes. We are a global organization but keep our feet on the ground so we can act fast and stay simple. Our teams also have the chance to give back on a local level and make a difference through our corporate social responsibility program, Expedia Cares.
For the opportunity to work in the travel industry with one of the most loved consumer brands in the world, Apply Now.
Expedia is committed to creating an inclusive work environment with a diverse workforce. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, religion, gender, sexual orientation, national origin, disability or age.