|Job Type:||Full Time|
AI Research Scientist - Vice President
The goal of J.P. Morgan AI Research is to explore and advance cutting-edge research in AI, including ML as well as related fields like Cryptography, to develop and discover principles of impact to J.P. Morgan’s clients and businesses.
J.P. Morgan AI Research has assembled a team of experts in many fields of AI. They pursue primary research in areas related to our research pillars as well as concrete problems related to financial services. They partner with internal teams to accelerate the adoption of AI within the firm. They also work with leading academic faculty around the world on areas of mutual interest.
The team is headquartered in New York and present in London and the Bay Area. Conducting AI research in financial services offers unique and exciting opportunities for impact -- as a member of this highly visible team, you will have the opportunity to realize significant impact not only within J.P. Morgan but also to the broader AI community.
As a Research Scientist on the team, you will lead end-to-end research typically within a specialized focus area. You will work on multiple research projects in collaboration with internal and external researchers and with applied engineering teams.
You will be integral to all aspects of the research lifecycle such as formulating problems, gathering data, generating hypotheses, developing models and algorithms, conducting experiments, synthesizing results, building prototype applications and communicating the significance of your research. Your output will result in high-impact business applications, open source software, patents and/or publications in AI/ML conferences and journals.
You will work with senior leaders to help define, build, and transform our businesses. As a member of the AI research community, you will also have the opportunity to participate in relevant top-tier academic conferences to broaden the impact of your contributions.
- PhD in Computer Science (especially AI/ML) or related fields
- Research publications in prominent AI/ML venues; e.g., conferences, journals
- Strong expertise in one or more specialized areas; e.g., deep learning (DL), Reinforcement learning (RL), Explainable AI (XAI)
- Practical experience with ML platforms such as Tensorflow/Keras, PyTorch, etc.
- Comfort with rapid prototyping and disciplined software development processes
- Practical software engineering experience in collaborative project settings
- Master’s degree with 5+ years of relevant work experience or PhD with 3+ years of relevant work experience in Computer Science, Statistics, Engineering or related fields
- Extensive programming skills in Python, Java or C++
- Proficient understanding of fundamental AI and ML techniques; e.g., A*, regularization
- Practical experience with statistical data analysis and experimental design
- Professional Skills:
- Curiosity, creativity, resourcefulness and a collaborative spirit
- Effective verbal and written communication skills with technical and business audiences
- Demonstrated ability to work on multi-disciplinary teams with diverse backgrounds
- Interest in problems related to the financial services domain (specific past experience in the domain is not required)