|Job Type:||Full Time|
As a Station Manager you will manage all Commercial staff on a day-to-day basis at defined stations to provide a thriving sales environment, excellent customer service, safe stations, efficient train service performance and accurate and timely information for customers.
You will ensure there is a visible Station Manager presence to staff and customers including, but not limited to, presence on the platforms, concourse, gateline or in the booking hall of a key station for a minimum of two hours in the weekday morning peaks (i.e. 0700 hours to 0900 hours) and two hours in the weekday evening peaks (i.e. 1700 hours to 1900 hours). During these times no office or administrative work is to be conducted except in exceptional circumstances. Customer conversations, leading by example and coaching will be the core activities during these times.
This is what some of our existing Station Manager’s have to say....
“I handle the day to day issues like rostering, staffing, safety, team development, managing customer expectations, delivering IIP, improving revenue flows and maintaining a punctual service. The job’s 30% operational, 70% directional. Our aim is cleaner stations, more punctual trains and shorter queues.”
“As well as the more structured days, Station Managers spend part of their time 'on call', which suits me as it means no one day is the same as another.”
“As the ‘bridge’ between senior management and station staff, you must be a good communicator who sees the big picture and respects the small ones. It’s about gauging situations, being consistent and engaging openly with people. I’m never bored and get excellent direction from above, with lots of freedom and power to deliver.”
The Ideal Candidate
We are looking for applications from experienced managers who can demonstrate ambition and a passion for leading and motivating teams.
To excel in your role, you will need:
- Proven track record of line management experience, ideally from a retail background
- People focussed with ability to motivate and empower others in order to reach organisational goals.
- Strong interpersonal skills and experienced negotiator.
- Innovative and creative, highly motivated.
- Ability to deal with difficult situations
- Good understanding of commercial awareness and exploits opportunities to add value
- A flexible approach to working and able to adapt to changing demands and conditions.
- Proven success in meeting demanding budgetary and workforce productivity targets.
Southeastern recognises the value of every individual employee and offers benefits that reflect this.
As well as a generous salary, we offer an comprehensive benefits package which includes;
- A Contributory Final Salary Pension Scheme
- Free rail travel on Southeastern and GTR rail services (extends to family members for leisure/educational travel)
- After a qualifying period, reduced rate travel on other train operators, including European services
- 25 days annual leave entitlement (plus bank holidays)
- Private healthcare
- Access to an array of discounts for retail and leisure products through our benefits scheme.
- Family friendly benefits including enhanced maternity/paternity leave, parental leave and carers leave.
About the Company
Southeastern is one of the busiest commuter rail companies in the UK running more than 2,000 trains, and carrying nearly 600,000 passengers every day between London, Kent and East Sussex.
Just over 4,000 employees - mostly from the communities that we serve - work together to provide this vital service and we are looking to expand our successful team. We have a strong set of values that shape the way we run our business and guide our staff in delivering what our customers need. These are:
- We aim to be the best
- We make the difference together
- We care passionately about our people and our passengers
If you have been unsuccessful in the recruitment process for the same/similar position you will not be eligible to apply for a period of 6 months from that date.
All offers of employment are subject to us obtaining satisfactory references (covering all education, training, employment and unemployment in the preceding 5 years and any previous railway employment). We will also complete right to work in the UK and criminal record checks. This is to ensure we are employing the best person for the role and to protect our customers, colleagues and our reputation.
This post will close before the intended closing date should sufficient number of suitable applications be received. Therefore, if you are interested in applying for this role, we suggest that you do so at the earliest opportunity to avoid disappointment.
London & Southeastern Railway