|Job Type:||Full Time|
Security Intelligence Analyst (Generalist) – Associate
The Global Security (GS) team provides protection, investigation, intelligence, and crisis management services in support of JP Morgan Chase & Co., its employees, customers, assets, and facilities throughout the world. This responsibility includes the development of security and safety policies and procedures, regulatory and legislative compliance, guard management, alarm response, branch and corporate building security, customer safety, physical crime investigations, workplace violence, fire and life safety, executive protection, due diligence, pre-employment screening, security operations globally, and fraud investigations. This mission is executed through the implementation of technology, best in class talent, and client collaboration. And it depends on critical support and analysis from the Global Intelligence team.
This position within the Global Intelligence team is responsible for supporting regional intelligence leads by proactively integrating and analyzing information to evaluate threats that may impact the firm; the likelihood of such threats; and their potential tactical, operational, and strategic implications. This work will include conducting Social Media intelligence analysis by searching for and analyzing information via Social Media and third party platforms to evaluate threats, as well as working alongside the team’s Social Media analysts when required.
The ideal candidate must have a technical understanding of the discipline of intelligence analysis, be able to handle a high level of complexity within their span of control, be able to deal with and work through ambiguity, be flexible enough to shift workload in accordance with changing priorities, and be comfortable in a sometimes stressful and fast-paced, priority-driven environment.
Additionally, the candidate must exhibit a high level of critical thinking acumen, with the ability to engage complex and multidimensional challenges with innovative, rigorous, and all-source analytical methods to produce proactive and reliable assessments. Finally, the candidate must be a highly motivated self-starter who possesses strong interpersonal skills to develop and maintain relationships.
The position is based in London.
- Support regional intelligence leads in all analytic requirements, as well as senior management updates, including but not limited to summarizing activities related to tactical, operational, and strategic threats of concern, and briefing key assessments as needed
- Resolve diverse problems identified by regional intelligence leads
- Conduct social media research & support global social media teams by bridging time zones when required
- Monitor social media domestic/global real-time all-hazard threats and incidents; analyze potential threats and risks and disseminate error free reports
- Execute creative analyses and provide insight to identify issues and arrive at recommendations
- Liaise with and elicit intelligence requirements on an ongoing basis from regional intelligence leads
- Deliver analytical assessments in clear, succinct, and appropriately caveated products that project credibility, convey recommendations, and reinforce key messages
- Collaborate with key stakeholders within and without the GS department and firm to design and test risk assessment models that integrate disparate and seemingly innocuous data/information
- Relevant work experience in performing research and intelligence analysis
- Independent thinker with strong analytical and problem-solving skills: research, gather, arrange, compile, summarize, and evaluate data to drive operational solutions and tactical decision-making
- Must be able to handle complex projects and deliverables in a demanding customer environment
- Proficient in social media research with adept computer skills utilizing third party platforms and databases to explore investigatory research avenues
- Must have experience with executive communications (written and verbal)
- Experience in strategic initiatives, delivering results, and change management
- Strong communication and presentation skills
- Proficiency in social media research and open source research
- Proficiency with MS Office suite
- Ability to create effective presentations using PowerPoint
- Familiarity with ArcGIS or other mapping tool
- Undergraduate degree in Political Science, Psychology, International Affairs, Philosophy, or related discipline
- Master's degree in a related field desired
JPMorgan Chase & Co. offers an exceptional benefits program and a highly competitive compensation package. JPMorgan Chase & Co. is an Equal Opportunity Employer and a member of the UK Government’s Disability Confident Scheme.