|Job Type:||Full Time|
We're an identity company. Identity matters because we’re all unique. We were raised in countries, cities, and towns. We have unique backgrounds. We’ve faced specific challenges. And we've learned a lot along the way. At Okta we believe those experiences equip us to look at the world with our own perspective. Our product protects your right to be you, and we want every single one of our employees to feel a sense of belonging, acceptance, and comfort to express their ideas, because ultimately our differences are what makes us great.
Okta is looking for an experienced, hands-on, Quality Engineering Manager to lead and build upon an organization focused on partnering with Okta’s Technical Operations Team in London. It is a key role in the Quality organization and is instrumental in delivering Okta’s peerless uptime and service reliability. This position will drive testing for various areas within Technical Operations such as site reliability testing and analysis, validation of planned infrastructure changes and end to end testing of new components and technology.
The ideal candidate is passionate about building large-scale, mission-critical infrastructure software and Tools in a fast-paced agile environment. This is a great opportunity to work in an environment of scale, lead a very talented organization, hire new team members, build processes and tools, and be front and center in Okta’s vision of connecting people to technology. Thousands of organizations and millions of users rely on Okta every day to be productive and operate securely.
Our elite team is fast, innovative and flexible; with a weekly release cycle and individual ownership. We expect great things from our engineers and their leaders and reward them with stimulating new projects, emerging technologies and the chance to have equity in a company that is about to change the cloud computing landscape forever.
As an Okta QA Manager you will:
- Manage day to day activities of test engineers within an agile environment
- Partner with senior leaders and other stakeholders to build test strategies and plans that result in world class product quality
- Identify strategic and productivity initiatives to improve quality & velocity; drive execution and desired outcome
- Become proficient with product areas owned to provide leadership and direction
- Hire and nurture ‘best in industry’ staff
You could be a great fit for this role if you have:
- 3+ years of experience in people management, within a high growth multi-tier enterprise environment, preferably SaaS
- Broad knowledge and hands-on technical experience in infrastructure testing, tools and automation
- Knowledge of at least one programming or scripting language (Java, Ruby, Python, Perl)
- Process development and implementation
- Clear communication skills; able to adjust based on audience
- Software quality assurance focused on integrations
- Performance analysis and testing in a high traffic environment
- Administration of complex custom applications on UNIX/Linux and Enterprise Java Platforms
- Experience in testing monitoring of distributed, highly available cloud services
- Experience in Java, Ruby and scripting based test methodologies and automation development.
- Experience with some of the following technologies and services:
- Linux (RPM or Deb-based distributions)
- Cloud based IaaS (especially AWS)
- Ansible, Terraform, Chef, Docker
- Ruby, Java
- Security concepts
- Log management tools (Splunk, Kibana)
- Monitoring tools (Zabbix, Wavefront, AppDynamics)
- Observability and Chaos Engineering
Education and Training:
- S. or M.S. in Computer Science, related field
Okta is an Equal Opportunity Employer
Okta is rethinking the traditional work environment, providing our employees with the flexibility to be their most creative and successful versions of themselves, no matter where they are located. We enable a flexible approach to work, meaning for roles where it makes sense, you can work from the office, or from home, regardless of where you live. Okta invests in the best technologies and provides flexible benefits and collaborative work environments/experiences, empowering employees to work productively in a setting that best and uniquely suits their needs. Find your place at Okta https://www.okta.com/company/careers/.